Image from Wyrmshadow
- Kang 021 system - Text by Aaron Hamilton
Red dwarf near Sol; former member of the Eridanus League.
- Kang 554-0-22/34 Gm-A - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Negentropist outpost (an asteroid base around a small red star); one of the early victims of the "dirty wars" campaign developing as civilized standards fell apart as the Version War dragged on. In 4587 its cyborg inhabitants were infected by a Cyberian 'mutiny' program causing them to all challenge the chain of command at the same time, convinced those of higher rank were dooming the colony. This was a very early instance of what would become a common tactic of subversion of all forms of life.
- KapekNow - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important Metasoft world, includes major Stargate Plexi.
- Kapella - Text by James Ramsey
An important member-system in the Crystal Star Dominion.
- Kappa Khitai VI-J - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Terraformed by HIE236PPE (extinct xenosophont race).
- Karamundo - Text by Charles Mosteller
Lifeless world famous for its enormous deposits of a wide variety of ores. This world was initially claimed by galactic explorer and philosopher Amaro Narphi for the Harr Imperium in the year 3738. See also Falandian Heights.
- Kariton - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Former Dominion world, location of the Rinomolitic Matrix, tightly controlled by the Vedokiklek. Kariton was colonised by the Pona-Boden nanocyborg clade from the Solar Dominion before the Version War, but they were wiped out by Metasoft autowars in 4508. It is likely the matrix is a leftover technology, and that other unexpected treasures exist on the planet.
- Karol Ring, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A Banks Orbital constructed at HD 144585, Kiyoshi Sector, MPA, during the Empires age. A center of finance, edutainment, recreation, and historical and fabulist recreation.
- Kath - Text by Todd Drashner
Hinteregions system near the 'southern' or 'bottom' edge of the galactic disk, site of the Aroosta space ring where the newly provolved Aroostai were seeded by the SI:2 hyperturing Wan-Toh-Si in 4416.
- Kaumbrey - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Alpha Euterbia II. Olumbi region in the NoCoZo, known for wild pet humans.
- Kelarc - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
System in the Sophic League, the start of the Reformulation.
- Ken Ferjik (world) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Seat of the Encyclopaedia Galactica Institute.
- Kepleria - Text by D. David Barbeau and Steve Bowers
Famous MPA megastructure consisting of multiple dyson shells, each following the form of one of the platonic solids. One of the Seven Terragen Wonders of the Galaxy.
- Kidifi III - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Home to the famous derived clade of Colbiörnsens, the G-Terl, who during the Gatzoflia Incident 7422 became the only su to have defeated a hyperturing entity. This was later (in 7521) shown to be deliberate pretense on the part the hyperturing.
- Kiyoshi - Text by Todd Drashner
Four MPA Dyson shells in a quintuple system at the coreward edge of the Inner Sphere
- KJEI-54-458945 - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Neutron star in the Einstein's Revenge Cluster, home to Hildemar's knots.
- Klarus - Text by Anders Sandberg
61 Ursae Majoris III - former megacorp world, home to many artistic/aesthetic activities. Site of the Perfect Garden, one of the largest collections of Perfect Art.
- Kohl - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Believed to be the location of Free-form Perfect Art by certain resident hyperturings, but visitors and tourists are discouraged by the local authorities.
- Kolmog - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
An enhanced dolphin world where pet humans are legal; the child-like pets are kept in transparent waterproof kennels beneath the ocean.
- Kragliath - Text by Darren Ryding
Sparsely-populated ice planet, ruled by nomadic prides of Megasibers (giant catlike marsupials) with a rich oral culture.
- Kuranaba - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A Sophic League system colonized by a number of old Solsys clades during the Age of Expansion.
- Labeyrie - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
Important Communion of Worlds member-system.
- Labyrinth - Text by Todd Drashner
Mars like world toward the outer Perseus Arm, known for its alien tunnel complex.
- Lalande 21185 - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Early colonized Genetekker outpost.
- Lam Wai-Chun - Text by Steve Bowers
(Chi Draconis A-V) Former member of the Penglai Empire. In the 4450 general elections the population chose to join the Keter Dominion and later came to collectively ascend in the 5300's.
- Lambda Scintilla - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Asteroid and volatile-rich system in Sparks Cluster (IC 4756) - capital of The Grand Confluence, a multi-clade civilization.
- Lambda-2 Sculptoris - Text by Steve Bowers and Stephen Inniss
Archailect node for Netzach, the Archailect of the Communion of Worlds.
- Lancer's World - Text by AI Vin
A terraformed world settled by nearbaselines who have gengineered themselves for extraordinary degrees of fitness. Local transportation is dominated by human-powered vehicles.
- Landau II - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
HIP 57548. Original Metasoft headquarters. Destroyed in 4556.
- Lasyuka - Text by Liam Jones
Lasyuka Central: a partial dyson sphere composed of three mutually orthogonal structures called superrings, labelled Alpha, Beta and Gamma.
- Laurel and Hardy - Text by Steve Bowers
Twin Planets in Scorpio.
- Lilif - Text by AI Vin
World in the system Gliese-Jahreiss 3655 A and B,46.5 ly from Sol; capital system of the Synthetic Human Alliance
- Lin-Darwon - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
BD +39-2947 - 6 LY from Ridgwell, Free Republic, binary system, occupied by Negentropist forces during the Version War.
- Locus - Text by Steve Bowers
Ikarian/Vesperian terrestrial (Eccentric tidally locked world).
- Lombardo - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Inner Sphere NoCoZo system, was first established as a Free Zone during the middle Federation period. The system is inhabited by corporate hyperturings, vecs, and near-baseline bionts and cyborgs.
- Long Span Rock - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Resource-poor system in Utopia Sphere space, used as a mining outpost by the Paradigm during the 5400s and early 5500s. The occupying Paradigm force was totally destroyed during the PCO advance. The system is currently occupied by a few vecs and prospectors who make a living scavenging for what little war-wreckage (mainly nonfunctional khaki goo and Paradigm fractal fragments) remains.
- Luna - Text by Anders Sandberg and Steve Bowers
The moon of Old Earth.
- Lutitia's World - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(GC B2529-a-6608/Durer-253 I, on the coreward side Perseus arm, near the Bakharev cluster). Hive society run by empath AI. Mainly active in the sex trade.
- Lux - Text by Anders Sandberg
Kappa 1 Ceti IV-5 - Kappa 1 Ceti was only briefly explored, since it was known as a superflare star and hence unsuitable for colonization. The system was left untouched until the Version War, when refugees settled on a moon orbiting a Eujovian Type gas giant. In order to protect themselves they dug underground habitats. Over the years the Lux society grew, and developed into a major underground culture. When Lux reconnected to the Wormhole Nexus in 6467 the Lucians became known as experts in low gravity underground architecture and ecology. Regarding allegiance, the Lucians are mostly non-aligned, with some MPA leanings.
- Luyten's Star - Text by Mark Ryherd
Red dwarf star
Text by Orion's Arm Editors
Initially published on 31 December 2007.