Image from Wyrmshadow
- Henson - Text by Steve Bowers
Panthalassic waterworld containing extensive water-cooled cybercosm
- Sacred Heart - Text by D. David Barbeau
Joint capital world of the Sophic League.
- Sadalmelik - Text by Steve Bowers
Alpha Aquarius; Rianth orbitals and rings
- Sakvaback - Text by M. Alan Kazlev; additions by Steve Bowers
Important NoCoZo system.
- Salaam - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A member world of the Refugium Federation, known for the two century long biont-AI war (the so-called "200 years war") during the Second Federation period.
- Samael - Text by Radtech497
Planet with unusual metallo-organic xenosophonts.
- Sand (world) - Text by James Ramsey
Desert colony world with a utility-sand based protective intelligence.
- Saturn - Text by Steve Bowers
Ringed Planet in the Old Solar System
- Satyaloka - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(Nu Puppis) High toposophic capital of the Sophic League.
- Schaiffer's World - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
GL 830 - First Federation scientific outpost, later settled by animant refugees, now a mixed population Utopia Sphere world and center of "Splice Church" Universalism.
- Seat of Judgement, The - Text by Anders Sandberg
Capital World of the Negentropy Alliance.
- Secharia - Text by Steve Bowers
NoCoZo, former Doran Empire world inhabited by dwarf cybertweaks.
- Shamash (Xi Bootis A III) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Xi Bootis A III - a business paradise during the First Federation period; later became a major world of Solar Dominion.
- Shangdu - Text by Liam Jones
TRHN/Utopia Sphere joint venture established by TRHN AIs and Utopia Sphere archai in 4200 as a way of allowing Utopian modosophont citizens the chance to ascend.
- Shona - Text by Radtech497
Outer Volumes moon with an unusual indigenous biosphere orbiting a resonant MesoJovian world
- Sigma Draconis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Star system containing Penglai
- Silence and Anomie - Text by Steve Bowers
Formerly Fortuna - Cyberian agitcenter, hit by Babel Plague variant
- Silenus - Text by Steve Bowers
Solar Dominion colony world with a large axial tilt
- Simurgh - Text by Steve Bowers
Superterrestrial Garden World
- Sinyavskaya - Text by Aaron Hamilton
Suffered severe overpopulation followed by collapse because of Receptist ideology.
- Sirius - Text by Anders Sandberg, Xaonon and M. Alan Kazlev
Inner Sphere system, very close to Sol.
- Sisyphos - Text by Steve Bowers
Chthonian type world; joint NoCoZo and Metasoft sovereignty.
- Skeblu - Text by Steve Bowers
Outer Volumes planet with neon-rich atmosphere and spectacular auroras
- Sk¡iiws'nnii - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
A prosperous human-dolphin civilisation in the Serpens sector.
- Solaris - Text by Steve Bowers
Carbon world surrounded by a low-gravity megastructure known as a Ribbonworld
- Solsys (The Old Solar System) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
The Old Solar System
- Sphere of Twelve Billion Faces, The - Text by Thorbjørn Steen
A sect of the Multiscopic Church in the Sophic League.
- St. Xye - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Negentropist culture and trade-port world, the main gateway for the Negentropy Alliance to the Utopia Sphere.
- Stanislaw - Text by Stephen Inniss
Also known as Lem's Enigma, or Niezwyciezony, this is the most highly developed known botworld, and the best candidate for an entire bot mechosystem that is not of terragen origin.
- Steelcliff - Text by Tony Jones
The first alien BGC system, discovered in 7852. Steelcliff is an isolated world towards galactic anti-spinward in what is now the Negentropy Alliance Outer Volumes. It appears to be running some kind of virch world, and certainly has sufficient computing resources to run at least millions of entities. It seems to have been put into place some forty million years ago, but as yet no attempt has been made to contact who or whatever may exist inside it.
- Straight Arrow - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Former headquarters of the Sagittarius Sphere.
- Strakaysa - Text by Liam Jones
Bok Swarm in the Disarchy volume
- Sullivan - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Solar Dominion middle regions system, Sullivan, which was colonized by formerly MPA clades in 7690. Home to Clade Temverson and the Hymana orbitals.
- Sun Kurp - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Outer Volumes Sagittarius Transcultural Cooperation orbital swarm, in 8222 the aioid artist Tourist Outer Enrastered Link Connection underwent voluntary deactivation here, leaving behind a small number of poems and art memes behind, the Tourist Cache.
- Swallowflight - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
(Near the Vela Supernova Remnant) 880 ly from Sol.
Capital of the Vela Immunity. Victim to a nanodisaster in 8100.
- Sweetlight - Text by Anders Sandberg
Vec colony started by the Silicon Generation. One of the few clear Dominion allies in the in the Perseus Rift, apparently opposed to Metasoft for obscure reasons. The Sweetlight society appears to be extremely specialized even for vecs, involving designer bodies and personalities, a form of digital caste system and a quasi-religious cult of overspecialization.
- Sy - Text by Anders Sandberg, additional material by Steve Bowers
Intermediary system in the outer Veil region. Regional wormhole waypoint, a link between Nova Schiaparelli and Orwell, as well a several other worlds. Wormhole links to Pardes, and elsewhere. Administrative troubles tend to cause hold-ups for travellers.
- Syrtis - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Home of the Golden Dolphin culture, part of the Dawn Mutual Protection Treaty. Syrtis has ties with the Danyello M'lund Cluster.
- Tabridgen - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Nominally Orion Federation, variously affiliated, outer volumes trading center.
- Tananana - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
A resource poor STC system. Tananana makes money through tourism, mediacorps, biotech templates, tantric ashrams, and erototech hedonics (some of the old erotocracy Dionysians ended up there). Well-served by wormholes to Cocac, Gilboa Reach, and a number of other prosperous nearby systems.
- Tangaroa - Text by Steve Bowers
Artificial water-only planet
- Tanhauser - Text by Bill Glover
A world of the Utopia sphere, known as the home of Walking Mountain phyto-provolves.
- Tao Li - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important NoCoZo system.
- Tau Ceti (planetary system) - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Home system of the first successful extrasolar human colony.
- Tau Felis Minoris II - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Terraformed by the extinct alien species HIE236XZE.
- Tem Kemper - Text by Todd Drashner
Middle Regions world terraformed by a consortium of cyber, bio and nanoborg clades with the intent of creating a naturally evolved and evolving bio-cybernetic ecosystem.
- Terranova, 82 Eridani IV - Text by Anders Sandberg, amended by Steve Bowers and John M. Dollan
Member of the Eridanus League, later headquarters of the Terranova Foundation exploration megacorps. Now a private resort world
- Thasaiya - Text by Jorge Ditchkenberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Unassuming non-aligned low middle regions world,settled in the early post-ComEmp period, and for a while home to a flourishing local culture. About 1200 years ago the local ai, for reasons known only to itself, prohibited swearing and imposed serious consequences on beings doing so. As a result, within a decade most of the citizens emigrated, and now Thasaiya is inhabited by a little more than a monastery of Reformed Tolerikerian Church.
- Theta Vinculum - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Red giant in the Serpens sector- center of nanotech foghood civilisation known The Clouds.
- Threshold - Text by Anders Sandberg
Sco BH-76 Black hole. Used for burial ceremonies.
- Titan - Text by Felipe Brando Cadavid
Moon of Saturn in Solsys with a long history
- To'ul'h Prime, Tohul - Text by Stephen Inniss
The homeworld of the To'ul'h species. It is a hot gardenworld of the unique To'ul'hian type, and the richest known, comparable to Old Earth in the richness and diversity of its life. It has long been under the rule of a Caretakerist transapient.
- Toh Chi Lok-Nar - Text by Darren Ryding
Vast habitat cluster in Archaipelago. The home of many dinosaur provolves, as well as the archailect known as the Archosaurian Entity.
- Topia - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
The first of the Beta Arae worlds that became the Utopia Sphere, colonized and terraformed by Clade Columbia-Bartlebel and their AI.
- Traction - Text by Thorbjørn Steen
Brown dwarf mining world, seat of the Greyman Empire, located in the Seams near the NoCoZo.
- Transcend Seven - Text by Marcel Lossi
Transcend system in the Transcendent Heart Cluster
- Trapville - Text by John B
Trapville is a moderate- to high-technology world-city (World of Progress/MPA affiliated) It is a free-breeder world, with a wildly different method of population control to others faced with this problem.
- Trees (HD 3823 II) - Text by Anders Sandberg and Steve Bowers
A self-sufficient Garden World with a spectacular vertical ecosystem; the planet is named after the gigantic trees that grow there.
- Trip - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
61 Cygni. Business paradise during the First Federation period.
- Tunh Xenohole, The - Text by Anders Sandberg, with comments by Steve Bowers.
System with an alien Wormhole
- Turing (Castor) - Text by Todd Drashner
Capital system of the Technorapture Hypernation.
- Turon - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Solar system in the outer Crucis Corridor. The Lexxian Turon Sapient's Republic was established by the autowar On The Wings of ZPE during the period of post-Version War chaos, and remains a small but flourishing institution.
- Twilight - Text by Anders Sandberg
Tidally locked world, formerly named Dawn. Founding member of the Eridanus League.
- Twinkle - Text by Steve Bowers
An Engenerator colony; part of the LinnEnt empire.
- Tylansia - Text by Darren Ryding
A relatively small independent baseline planetary colony in the Hinteregions, near the borders of the Keter Dominion and the Archosaurian Empire.
- Tytalus - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Steve Bowers
HD 111232 I. Early discovered chlorine ecology.
Text by Orion's Arm Editors
Initially published on 31 December 2007.