The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Dawn of Victory 2289
I recently found this sci-fi/alternate history setting where an alien virus wrecks havoc in the 1930's, forcing a major geopolitical change in the world before aliens attack in the 40's.  Then we get to see these four 'superpowers' and smaller nations establish colonies across the Orion Arm.   It's an interesting concept that might show you what could happen if retro-historical habitats become independent cultures. 

Check it out for yourselves:

http://www.dawnofvictory2289.com/
My opinion is that the factions are first half of 20th century but ... In space.
(04-30-2017, 09:26 PM)Avengium Wrote: My opinion is that the factions are first half of 20th century but ... In space.
I thought so too, but there was some tweaking it.  For example, the Greater German Reich got rid of all of that racist/Nazi ideology, while the Soviet Union considers the Communist Chinese as their equals.
So, any more thoughts?
So, an issue here - A member had made a reply in this thread. For some reason, the forum took it as their first post (which it may have been, but I didn't think so), which is moderated as part of our anti-spam process. It showed up in the moderator cue from some days ago and was not color coded as needing moderator approval. I looked on this thread and saw it already there so figured the version I was seeing in the queue was a duplicate (which happens sometimes). So I deleted it - which it turns out deleted the post from here. *grumble software idiosyncrasies grumble*.

First and foremost, apologies to the member whose post I deleted (You're new and I didn't really notice your name on the forum - sorry for that too:/). It was not due to any problem with you or your post, rather a misunderstanding of the situation I was seeing on the forum.

Please repost what you had said earlier to this thread and I'll make sure it gets approved this time, after which you shouldn't have any more issues like this.

Thanks, and sorry again for the inconvenience.

Todd
Anyone else here have any thoughts on this setting?