The OAUP is now accepting entries for the 2011 Cover Art Contest. The winner will be announced in October 2012 at www.orionsarm.com
. You could win cash and the opportunity to have your work displayed as the cover of the upcoming Orion's Arm Universe Project paperback book.Deadline:
The OA Nexus
and Voices/Future Tense
The winner will receive a $100 (USD) cash prize and the winning entry will adorn the cover of the Orion's Arm paperback book that is to be published in Spring 2013.
See Also The 2011/12 Short Fiction Contest
1. Contestants must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
2. The artwork must be submitted in JPEG or PNG format, 5" x 8" 300dpi (1500 x 2400) resolution. The top 1/3 of the image should allow for the book title and other text.
3. Each contestant may submit up to 3 (three) images for review.
4. All entries must be original, unpublished, and not submitted or accepted elsewhere at time of submission. Orion's Arm Universe Project, Inc. reserves the right to electronically publish all entries in the October 2012 edition of Voices/Future Tense.
5. All entries are to be submitted via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with "Cover Art Contest Entry" as the subject line. You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your submission.
6. The winning artist will be required to send a signed copy of the Artist's Contract to the Orion's Arm Universe Project offices located at:
Orion's Arm Universe Project, Inc.
Attn: Chris Shaeffer
4202 Tree Crossing Parkway
Hoover AL 35244
7. All entries must be received by midnight, central standard time, September 30, 2012.
8. The contest vote is open to all members of the Orion's Arm Universe Project including all members of Orion's Arm Worldbuilding Group, OA Nexus, and Orion's Arm Celestia Group except as noted in item 10.
9. THIS CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED IN ALL RESPECTS BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ALABAMA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS OR ANY OTHER JURISDICTION'S CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. THE SOLE VENUE AND JURISDICTION FOR DISPUTES ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE THE APPROPRIATE COURT WITHIN HOOVER, ALABAMA, AND CONTRIBUTOR AND THE ORION'S ARM UNIVERSE PROJECT INC. BOTH IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
10. Winners will be selected by popular vote as tabulated by our friends at Voices/Future Tense. Todd Drashner (OAUP Boardmember) and Bill Ernoehazy (Editer Voices/Future Tense) will serve as final arbitrators and as such will be excluded from entering the contest.