The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Full Version: Planet Moratorium - 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'll put this on my to-do to tackle after consolidating the mass-stream articles, which have been a thorn in my side for a while now.

Thanks!

Todd
I've now updated the Systems and Worlds alphabetical pages to replace many (but not all) instances of 'world' with 'system' for those minor article entries that consist of just a sentence or three or where it otherwise made sense to do so.

Major articles weren't and articles where the information presented seemed specific to a planet or connected to other EG entries in some fashion weren't updated.

Thanks!

Todd
With one month left in the year, this is a friendly reminder to complete your non-Gaian world EG article if you haven't already. Cheers!
I've amended Pandya and Morrow from terraformed worlds to rotating habitats; there are a few more non-Gaian worlds in the works, but they might not get finished before the New Year.
I think we should extend the planet moratorium for another year. But next year can be a bit more loose.
(12-01-2020, 02:26 AM)Everything4404 Wrote: [ -> ]I think we should extend the planet moratorium for another year. But next year can be a bit more loose.

I think a looser version of this should be extended indefinitely. Actively encouraging members to steer away from terraformed planets and maybe a quota, though not an outright prohibition I guess.
I agree.
This is being discussed by the Editors/Staff right now.

We'll post something about what our consensus is on the matter once we come to one. Big Grin

Keep watching this space!

Todd
I would like to compose system descriptions including LordOther's remarkable images, but they aren't all Gaians or terraforming candidates by any means.
Quote:I think a looser version of this should be extended indefinitely. Actively encouraging members to steer away from terraformed planets and maybe a quota, though not an outright prohibition I guess.

I've been putting off doing an article on the Restored Ambi Limis in the hopes of having some settled planets in the polity. Having to wait a full year for the moratorium to expire was bad enough, so I'd really rather not see the door shut on inhabited worlds completely.
Pages: 1 2 3