The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Full Version: What are you guys reading?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what fiction are you guys reading? For me, I'm reading the manga Monster Musume by Okayado.
Most recently, I just finished The Law, a novella set in the Dresden Files universe, which I enjoyed very much.

Before that, I read Inhibitor Phase by Alastair Reynolds, which I'm sorry to say I did not enjoy all that much.

I've also been reading parts of my new Analog magazines as time and desire permits, although I'm running a bit behind on that. Work and OA tend to eat a lot of time.

Todd
From what I read of Monster Musume so far, it's quite risqué but is sure as hell funny enough to make me at least grin.
Over the past 6-8 months I read or skimmed every story written in OA (mostly to summarize them in this spreadsheet- www.orionsarm.com/page/655 , plus stories in few sci fi writing groups elsewhere.

More recently,

Cloud cuckoo land by Anthony Doerr - great literature about people across 15th century Constantinople, present day Idaho, and a spacecraft in the far future, examining an ancient Greek text “cloud cuckoo land”

Ministry of the future by Kim Stanley Robinson - a future scenario of what would happen if we all did almost everything right to fix climate change, the environment, and social justice. it’s like he wrote fanfiction about an IPCC (intergovernmental panel for climate change) annual report’s recommendations, but it hasn’t quite escaped being an IPCC report. Still worth reading.
Just finished with Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun (second time), waiting on Urth of the New Sun to arrive at the library for my first go-through.
I just started reading Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky. I'm only a third of the way done but so far it has been excellent.