The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums
Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Printable Version

+- The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Offtopics and Extras; Other Cool Stuff (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box - OA website (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations (/showthread.php?tid=1794)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Centauri5921 - 10-12-2015

Thanks, Steve. I'll start working on that in a little bit. And yeah, I'm hoping to get a couple of my own organizations up. I was thinking about stating that the page covers groups that aren't Institutes/Megacorps/Churches (as those are mentioned on other pages). It's mostly just for small groups and businesses mostly made up of modos. ;p

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Centauri5921 - 10-12-2015

Here's a rough draft for the Groups & Organizations page - let me know if you feel it should be longer:

Groups & Organizations

As Terragenkind has spread throughout the stars, it has witnessed the rise and fall of trillions of different groups and organizations, some of which are restricted to a single planet or hab, others of which may span across solar systems. There are many different types of organizations existing for many different reasons - some organizations exist solely for the gain of profit (such as the Megacorps), whilst some others exist for the purpose of gaining knowledge on different topics (such as the Institutes). Nearly all large organizations are directed by one or more transapient(s), whilst much smaller organizations are commonly run by one or more modosophont(s). Although there is no denying the huge influence of the Megacorps on the Terragen Sphere at large, for every Megacorp in existence, there are an even greater number of smaller, less-rich groups, some of which have been listed below:

Algol Broadcasting Foundation
BoB (Board of Boards)
Humanity First!
Simply Connect!
League of Legitimate Businessbeings
KROME1101
Aimhem
Universal Rescue

Let me know if you have any more suggestions for organizations that could be included here - preferably not Megacorps/Institutes/Churches, as those are covered pretty well on other pages. ;p

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Drashner1 - 01-09-2016

So, it took longer than initially anticipated, but the Groups and Organizations page is now up.

I had some questions/concerns about the associated text, so just made something up for the interim until we come up with a more finalized version. I also added in the organizations that were mentioned in this thread.

Hope you like,

ToddSmile

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - QueElEs - 01-09-2016

Is the page also to include lists of Megacorps and Churches? Or to stick to hard-to-put-in-boxes groups?

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Centauri5921 - 01-10-2016

Oh hey! Forgot about this until recently. And yeah, I don't much like my suggested text either. xD thanks!

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Drashner1 - 01-10-2016

(01-09-2016, 04:55 PM)QueElEs Wrote: Is the page also to include lists of Megacorps and Churches? Or to stick to hard-to-put-in-boxes groups?

The latter. We already have fairly massive pages on Megacorps and Religions/Churches. Moving all that into one page would be both time consuming and make things more confusing.

ToddSmile

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Drashner1 - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 12:01 AM)Centauri5921 Wrote: Oh hey! Forgot about this until recently. And yeah, I don't much like my suggested text either. xD thanks!

If you'd like to discuss/create a revised version of your text, we can certainly do that.

The biggest issue I had when I went to put it in is that it explicitly talks in terms of Megacorps and Institutes, and my sense from the discussion was that this new page was to host groups that were explicitly not these things or otherwise fell into harder to quantify categories.

Tweaking your wording to address that, or coming up with something else is certainly possible and we can replace/modify the current text quite easily.

ToddSmile

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Avengium - 10-08-2016

If a reader finds an article of a "group" or Organization that has no previous EG category (or can fit inside this page), can post the name / link of the group in this thread?

RE: Suggestion: New Page for Organizations - Rynn - 10-08-2016

Go for it Smile