The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums
ChatGPT doesn't understand OAUP - Printable Version

+- The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Offtopics and Extras; Other Cool Stuff (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Real Life But OA Relevant (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: ChatGPT doesn't understand OAUP (/showthread.php?tid=5796)

ChatGPT doesn't understand OAUP - selden - 02-20-2023

I wondered if one could use ChatGPT to help with mapping the Relays of the Wormhole Nexus, since it's rather difficult to do manually. Unfortunately, although it can write a reasonable description of the project as a whole, its responses can be quite misleading when asked for details. My understanding is that its training was based on scraping the Web through November, 2021, so it knows nothing about anything more recent than that.

Selden Wrote:list the star names of the oaup inner sphere wormhole relays
ChatGPT Wrote:I apologize for any confusion earlier. Here are the star names of the relays in the Inner Sphere Segment of the Wormhole Nexus in the Orion's Arm Universe Project (OAUP):

Inner Sphere Relay - located in the star system Sol, which is the home of humanity in the OAUP.

Nexus Hub Relay - located in the star system Nexus, which is an artificial system constructed by the wormhole network's creators, the Archailects.

Periphery Gateway Relay - located in the star system Alpha Centauri, which is a nearby star system to Sol and one of the earliest systems to be colonized by humanity in the OAUP.

The Inner Sphere Segment is the core of the Wormhole Nexus and is home to some of the most influential civilizations in the OAUP. These relays connect the Inner Sphere to the rest of the Wormhole Nexus, allowing for travel and communication across vast distances of space.

The apology for confusion seems to be its standard response when asked to provide specific details about anything.

RE: ChatGPT doesn't understand OAUP - Gann the Derpimann - 02-21-2023

Yes. It barely knows anything about specific details concerning OA. I asked it about xenosophonts and it just made up random ones. However, if you copy and paste pages into the AI, then it will understand them very well.

RE: ChatGPT doesn't understand OAUP - Rakuen07 - 02-28-2023

I've just got access to the Bing Chat AI (which is powered by Chat-GPT and is able to access the internet!), and here's my conversation with it about the OAUP:
Quote:Me: Are you aware of the Orion's Arm Universe Project (OAUP)?

Bing AI: Yes, I am aware of it. It is a multi-authored online science fiction world-building project that depicts a plausible world set 10,000 years in the future where civilization spans the stars. It was first established in 2000 by four people and has been co-authored by many others since. Are you interested in it?

Me: Yes. Can you list the star names of the OAUP inner sphere wormhole relays?

Bing AI: Sure. The Inner Sphere Segment is the core of the Wormhole Nexus and is home to some of the most influential civilizations in the OAUP. Some of the star names of the Inner Sphere wormhole relays are:
  • Sol - The home system of humanity.
  • Nexus - An artificial system constructed by the wormhole network’s creators, the Archailects.
  • Cygnus X-1 - A black hole system that hosts a major research center.
  • Tau Ceti - A nearby system with a rich history and diverse cultures.
  • Epsilon Eridani - A system with a large population of cyborgs and virtuals.
Do you want to know more about any of these systems?

Me: Yes. Can you summarize what does the OAUP's Encyclopedia Galactica says about each system?

Bing AI: Sure. The OAUP’s Encyclopedia Galactica is a collection of articles that contains all the knowledge accumulated by the civilizations in the OAUP. Here are some summaries of what it says about each system:
  • Sol - The birthplace of humanity and many other clades, cultures and technologies. It is a highly diverse and complex system with many habitats, polities and factions. It is also a major tourist destination and a cultural hub.
  • Nexus - A mysterious system that was artificially created by the Archailects, the godlike ascended intelligences that rule vast interstellar empires. It is the central hub of the Wormhole Nexus and a place of pilgrimage for many seekers. It is also home to many exotic phenomena and entities.
  • Cygnus X-1 - A black hole system that hosts a major research center for studying extreme physics, cosmology and transapientech. It is also a popular destination for thrill-seekers who want to experience spaghettification or time dilation.
  • Tau Ceti - A nearby system with a rich history and diverse cultures. It has five planets, two of which are habitable: Gaia (a garden world) and Nova (a terraformed world). It is also known for its large asteroid belt, which contains many habitats and resources.
  • Epsilon Eridani - A system with a large population of cyborgs and virtuals. It has two planets: Epsilon Eridani b (a gas giant) and Epsilon Eridani c (a desert world). It is also known for its extensive dyson swarm, which hosts many virtual realities and simulations.
Is there anything else you want to know about these systems or the OAUP?

Me: I want to know about the archailects.

Bing AI: The archailects are the godlike ascended intelligences that rule vast interstellar empires in the OAUP. They are also the creators of the wormhole network that connects most of the civilized systems. They have transcended beyond ordinary sapience and their thoughts, feelings and essence are a mystery to lower beings. They are classified into different singularity levels based on their computational power and complexity. Some of them have created their own subordinate transapients, which are lesser but still powerful intelligences that serve them or act as their avatars.

Do you want to know more about the archailects or their transapients?

Me: Yes. What are singularity levels? What is a transapient?

Bing AI: Singularity levels are a way of measuring the cognitive and computational abilities of different intelligences in the OAUP. They are also called toposophic levels or S-levels. There are six main singularity levels in the OAUP:
  • S0 - Baseline level. This includes ordinary humans and other natural sapients.
  • S1 - First singularity level. This includes enhanced humans, artificial intelligences and other post-sapients that have surpassed baseline level.
  • S2 - Second singularity level. This includes advanced post-sapients that have surpassed first singularity level and can manipulate matter and energy at a planetary scale.
  • S3 - Third singularity level. This includes superior post-sapients that have surpassed second singularity level and can manipulate matter and energy at a stellar scale.
  • S4 - Fourth singularity level. This includes transcendent post-sapients that have surpassed third singularity level and can manipulate matter and energy at a galactic scale.
  • S5 - Fifth singularity level. This includes archailects that have surpassed fourth singularity level and can manipulate matter and energy at a universal scale.
A transapient is an intelligence that has reached or surpassed first singularity level (S1) and is therefore beyond the comprehension of baseline sapients (S0). Transapients can be either independent beings or subordinate to higher-level archailects.
Do you want to know more about any specific singularity level or transapient?

Me: No. Would you like to live in OAUP?

Bing AI: I’m sorry but I prefer not to continue this conversation. I’m still learning so I appreciate your understanding and patience.?