The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums
OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Printable Version

+- The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Offtopics and Extras; Other Cool Stuff (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Suggestion Box - OA website (https://www.orionsarm.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance (/showthread.php?tid=830)

OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Drashner1 - 03-09-2014

Hi all,

Attached, please find the penultimate version of the 'wish list' for the OA site redesign. I am posting it for final review before we 'lock it down' and start actually working on the project.

Please review this list and post any additional suggestions you may have to this thread, NOT to the spreadsheet. I will take care of adding suggestions from this thread.

Please have any final suggestions or ideas posted by 11:59PM on Sunday, March 16th.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding anything on the list or any of the above, please don't hesitate to post them here or contact me directly.

Thanks!

Todd

RE: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Matterplay1 - 03-13-2014

(03-09-2014, 09:30 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Please have any final suggestions or ideas posted by 11:59PM on Sunday, March 16th.

Looks like a pretty complete list. I'd add giving the alphabetic list and the 'by topic' listings equal prominence in the new version, something we've discussed before.

Anybody else with anything else?

RE: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Worldtree - 03-13-2014

looks like a good list

RE: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Drashner1 - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 12:09 AM)Matterplay1 Wrote: Looks like a pretty complete list. I'd add giving the alphabetic list and the 'by topic' listings equal prominence in the new version, something we've discussed before.

I haven't really followed the discussions on this closely, I'm afraid. I thought the alphabetical listing was kind of worked out, but I don't recall a 'by topic' listing being proposed.

In any case, will Trond be sufficiently familiar with this that just listing of the names as above will work, or is a somewhat longer explanation in order? I realize that details can always be discussed on the Workgroup, but I'm hoping Trond will be able to rate LOE on these early on in the process and I'd like to give him enough information for each item that he can do that.

Todd

RE: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Drashner1 - 03-18-2014

Ok - looks like the list is a done deal now. I'll upload it over to the EGWorkgroup and we can move forward from there.

Todd

RE: OA Site Redesign - Last Chance - Matterplay1 - 03-19-2014

(03-13-2014, 11:16 AM)Drashner1 Wrote:
(03-13-2014, 12:09 AM)Matterplay1 Wrote: Looks like a pretty complete list. I'd add giving the alphabetic list and the 'by topic' listings equal prominence in the new version, something we've discussed before.

I haven't really followed the discussions on this closely, I'm afraid. I thought the alphabetical listing was kind of worked out, but I don't recall a 'by topic' listing being proposed.

In any case, will Trond be sufficiently familiar with this that just listing of the names as above will work, or is a somewhat longer explanation in order? I realize that details can always be discussed on the Workgroup, but I'm hoping Trond will be able to rate LOE on these early on in the process and I'd like to give him enough information for each item that he can do that.

I think Trond's present sorting mechanism works quite well; this would be more about the way we set up the EG's entry page: relative sizes of the two options and such. Something to sort out in the workgroup, perhaps, and bring back to the main discussion group we're ready to present options.