The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Augmented reality - how it might look
I found this (more accurately, was pointed at it) and I think it might give a flavour of what life in some of OA might be like for nebs:

Augmented perception seems to flicker a lot in that video. I'm not sure I'd like that. However I suppose it does serve to quickly distinguish between added data and reality. Presumably you could choose your own display parameters.
(Fifth Doctor to Tenth Doctor; "You've changed the desktop theme, haven't you? What's this one? Coral? It's worse than the leopard skin.")
Well, one of the themes of the video is something going wrong (some sort of cyberattack, as stated in the video itself) so maybe the flickering is to do with that. Also, some of the flicker might be transitions from one scene to another.
(06-23-2016, 05:16 PM)iancampbell Wrote: Well, one of the themes of the video is something going wrong (some sort of cyberattack, as stated in the video itself) so maybe the flickering is to do with that. Also, some of the flicker might be transitions from one scene to another.

it is said in the video that he users account is beeng attaked