The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Eclipse Phase
I don't see why we shouldn't include a planet (or habitat) which has a culture influenced by mens rights; I intend to write up at least one Clade Parthene world, and the women on those planets could be considered the result of feminism (although this will be a very different phenomenon a few thousand years from now). I don't think I could write a 'men's rights' planet at the moment though, not without a lot of research and a bit of mental gymnastics.
Meh, if OA has room for pretty much every sci-fi scenario, I don't see why you could not have that in there somewhere. Maybe a bit of a spoof, but perhaps you could have the habitat consist only of men. Not much need to reproduce after all.

And the different niches are all about different kind of MANHOOD! From overly testosterone Conan and Minotaur rianths to the more refined, chivalric, Indigo Montoya types, and so on.
(07-14-2014, 03:42 AM)stevebowers Wrote: I don't see why we shouldn't include a planet (or habitat) which has a culture influenced by mens rights; I intend to write up at least one Clade Parthene world, and the women on those planets could be considered the result of feminism (although this will be a very different phenomenon a few thousand years from now). I don't think I could write a 'men's rights' planet at the moment though, not without a lot of research and a bit of mental gymnastics.

Hey. If you're ever looking for inspiration to create a dystopian world where some radical "rights proponents groups" rule via mobocracy, join Tumblr. xP

Otherwise, I recommend you don't vilify any civil rights proponents (however unpopular they are), be they feminist or MRA, directly. I imagine you shouldn't need to, considering that the majority of civilized worlds (particularly in the Sephirotics) will have long mastered the secrets of achieving a balanced, egalitarian paradise.