The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

I'm new here, and I have so many dumb questions.
Hello there, I got interested in this setting sometime late last year and I got interested in it; In that time I also got interested in many other pieces of obscure media, and so I have questions that can the chalked down to "How accurate can X Ability/Effect/Item/etc from Y Media be replicated in the Orion's Arm setting mostly outside of a Virch unless otherwise specified?". As you can probably guess, I'm going to ask one of those optional questions, I'm sorry if I may get annoying please tell me when I do so and I'll stop.

But anyway, I'll ask my first question: How much of the Hexnose Forest can be replicated outside of a Virch? (New Age Vilous Canon)

Remember it's optional to answer these questions; so don't feel pressured or anything, you can ignore them if you want to.
Welcome to the forums. If you’re going to ask about how obscure works of fiction might work in OA it would be good to give a summary of them rather than expecting people to be familiar, or spend time researching for you. What is the “Hexnose forest” or the “New Age Vilous Canon”?
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Hi - Welcome to OA!

To follow up on what Rynn said - A link to an explanation is perfectly acceptable. If there is a Wikipedia page or TV Tropes page on the thing or setting in question that explains what it is in a reasonably concise way, just including a link to that page in your question is fine.

Because of the way the forum formats things it's probably easiest to indicate a link by just calling it LINK or 'link here' or the like. Left to its own devices the forum doesn't make links very obvious for some reason.

Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA!

Todd
Hello, welcome to the forums! If you have questions about the setting and/or its rules, members are generally willing to help. Once you feel you have a good handle on the OA universe, there's plenty of areas to contribute EG articles, art, and short (or long) fiction should you want to do so.
(02-24-2020, 02:55 AM)Madine Wrote: Hello, welcome to the forums! If you have questions about the setting and/or its rules, members are generally willing to help. Once you feel you have a good handle on the OA universe, there's plenty of areas to contribute EG articles, art, and short (or long) fiction should you want to do so.

I see, sorry for the late (and short) response... I've just been thinking and I looked for links, but I didn't feel like posting them. So thanks for allowing me to speak, I'll eventually post the links...
It's really no problem for you to ask questions! That's sometimes how details are refined or new ideas are generated. But as Rynn and Todd have indicated, we can't really respond to a hypothetical comparing OA to something else unless we have knowledge of the thing.