The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Proof-reading EG
Fixed - and I also added a link to the Mars listing to take the reader to the main article.
The postalien mini-article has the typo "postxeonosophont". I can't find out how to get a link to these sorts of short articles, though.

There's a broken link in the athenaeids article that says "<{A4f9ccd7f31d14,nebs}"
(06-23-2015, 06:33 AM)Ithuriel Wrote: The postalien mini-article has the typo "postxeonosophont". I can't find out how to get a link to these sorts of short articles, though.

There's a broken link in the athenaeids article that says "<{A4f9ccd7f31d14,nebs}"

Fixed:
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4703b9bbc42bc

You can get a link to a minor article if you need one by using the search function from the main page for the whole OA project. That one uses Google rather than our more specialized in-the-EG search engine, so it gives links differently.
Stephen
The Daveth Tweaks article talks about "diving powers", but probably meant "divine".
Fixed.
The Emple-Dokcetics article has an instance of "combe" which should be "combine".
There's a couple of NoLWoCS mini-articles which mix up Vulcanian (an asteroid type) and Hephaestian (a volcanic planetary type).

Both these examples pop up if you search for 'vulcanian'.

We have EoVulcanian Subtype (can't get a link from any search source), which talks about 'Vulcanian' worlds which are volcanic due to being in the early stages of development. It should be EoHephaestian, talking about Hephaestian worlds. The Hephaestian article doesn't mention the EoHephaestian subtype at all, so it could probably be inserted directly into there and the mini-article removed.

Similarly we have Ionian Subtype, which says it is a Vulcanian subtype, but of Europan constitution. This should probably just be an alternative name for EuHephaestian (because Io is the example given for EuHephaestian worlds in the Hephaestian article), and so the mini-article could just be deleted. I also note that "Hephaestian world of Europan constitution" makes not sense, as the Europan article talks about ice worlds with deep oceans, which couldn't possibly have Hephaestian-type volcanism (cryovolcanism would be the only option).
I've edited the EoVulcanian page into EoHephaestian.
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/47954321b8a6a
should be easy enough to cook up an image to go with it.

I'd quite like to keep the Ionian subtype, as a name; I'll add it as alternate name for Euhephestian. I'm sure we've used Ionian quite a few times. The most common source of vulcanism in these sort of worlds would be tidal forces, although some larger rocky worlds would have significant heat from radioactive decay.
EuHephaestian worlds
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4666180292c1d
The Torch Ships article mentions magtron monopoles in the Conversion Initiated Microfusion and Conversion Thermal sections. Magtrons no longer catalyze baryon decay, so mentioned of them here should be replaced with 'monopole' or 'GUT monopole'.