The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

MS Word Question
I'm working on a Word document (can't share it, sorry) that has an odd indenting problem: the first line on every page is indented half an inch. The problem appears whether the document is opened in both Word 2010 and 2013.

**The indent occurs regardless of the "style" of the first line: body text, different headers, etc., all get indented. When a new line gets bumped to the top of a page, it automatically takes on the indent. It only happens to the top line of the page.
**I always use "show hidden characters" and no spaces, tabs, or invisible pixies are pushing the text over.
**There are no tabs set for the indent. (None appear on the ruler of that line, anyway.)
**There are no paragraph settings mandating this indent that I can see. It is not repeated on any other paragraphs of a page.
**The margins are consistent for the whole page. At least, the page ruler does not show an indented margin for the first line.
**I haven't found another page layout setting that might influence the first line of a page, but that doesn't mean much.

Does anyone know how to format a Word document so the first line is always indented regardless of style, tabs, and margins?
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama

Messages In This Thread
MS Word Question - by Cray - 05-05-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: MS Word Question - by Dalex - 05-06-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: MS Word Question - by Cray - 05-06-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: MS Word Question - by Cray - 05-06-2015, 10:46 PM