The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New reader with a question about wormhole networks
I just found out about this project and started reading Against a Diamond Sky and reading through the wiki. I enjoy the setting and it's a very cool project.

I'm very curious about the wormhole network. In particular I'm wondering how common wormholes are in the inner worlds. I made a map of the wormholes listed in the wormhole Gazetteer, I can attach it if anyone is curious. For example, Sol has two wormholes, and Tau Ceti has five. I'm guessing the list isn't comprehensive, but is it the right order of magnitude? Does Sol have only 2 wormholes, or 10, or 100?

There are some places where the gates listed don't match the gates listed on the system's page. I know I'm not allowed to edit the wiki, but I'd like to help clean up discrepancies where possible.

My map makes me want to dream up a travelogue of some baseline traveling along the large wormhole chain. It's a setting with a lot of possibilities Smile

Attached Files
.pdf   wormhole_map.pdf (Size: 34.79 KB / Downloads: 24)

Messages In This Thread
New reader with a question about wormhole networks - by somnolent - 04-07-2016, 10:13 AM