The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

"Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines?
(09-30-2016, 09:48 PM)Rynn Wrote: I don't mind removing the laser-in-warfare mention. Perhaps change the climate change one to;

52 (2022 ce.)- Environmental degradation leads to famine and mass migration in some poorer countries.

Also how do people feel about adding an entry that touches on the recent successes and announcements by SpaceX? Something along the lines of:

50s (2020s ce.)- Reusable rocket systems fully developed, dropping the cost to low orbit and beyond. Non-telecom commercial projects in orbit viable from this point.

While the 2022 entry isn't wrong, its unnecessary. Thats an event that will be happening at least until 2100, that should probably go into the intro for the information age instead.

While I don't have a particular problem with adding a mention of reusable rockets, I'm very wary of adding more events in the information age timeline until we address the couple of dozen events we haven't discussed yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines? - by QwertyYerty - 10-04-2016, 02:21 AM