The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

"Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines?
(10-04-2016, 02:15 AM)QwertyYerty Wrote: 61 - Despite intense protests from proponents of independent academia, the EU Parliament decides on a "unified and quality controlled" university standard. The brain drain to the US and emerging academic free states like Peru and New Zealand intensifies.

This one has been sitting on the burner for at least a week. Does anyone have a reason to keep this? If it isn't worth discussing, its probably not worth keeping.

I don't mind it going, I have no idea what it means.

(10-04-2016, 02:21 AM)QwertyYerty Wrote: While the 2022 entry isn't wrong, its unnecessary. Thats an event that will be happening at least until 2100, that should probably go into the intro for the information age instead.

The idea is to have a sprinkling of dates so that we show historical trends, rather than just mention it when it's a major problem. We used to do the latter and it resulted in the timeline seeming to rapidly develop with events coming out of the blue.

That said I'm not particularly fussed about this one.

(10-04-2016, 02:21 AM)QwertyYerty Wrote: While I don't have a particular problem with adding a mention of reusable rockets, I'm very wary of adding more events in the information age timeline until we address the couple of dozen events we haven't discussed yet.

To be honest looking through the timeline up to the Technocalypse I can see barely any that we should delete. I find the entries interesting and informative of the early development of OA.

Edit: I'm referring to the tech timeline here as it's the one I'm most familar with.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines? - by Rynn - 10-04-2016, 02:31 AM