The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

"Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines?
(10-15-2016, 09:07 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Thanks for the reminder on this - sometimes the combination of real life and multiple posts on the forum can lead to things slipping off the radar. Smile

Agreed that we should make some final decisions on at least those entries we are in agreement on. I am starting to come up for air at work now (gasp!!!) and should have some extra time in the next week or so to take a shot at this if no one beats me to it.

Regarding the multiple entries on Ken Ferjik:

Although most or all of them are mentioned in the EG article on Ken Ferjik in the text, they don't really give a time-line feel.

I'd like to suggest that we both remove them from the main timeline and generate a mini-timeline for them on the Ken Ferjik EG page similar to what we have on the Mars page.

This might be an approach to handling other connected or related historical events (or sub-events) that don't seem to fit on the main timeline or fall more under the umbrella of some larger topic - have a general entry about the topic on the main timeline (e.g., 'Ken Ferjik is born' OR 'Ken Ferjik produces the first of his many seminal works,' or somesuch) with a link to the specific EG page. Place a mini-timeline that is specific to that item on the actual EG page.

In this fashion, the timeline still acts to record Terragen history, but in many instances becomes a gateway to more detailed information on other pages rather than trying to put everything on a single timeline, no matter its size or importance to the history of the setting.

Thoughts?

Todd

Maybe we should move those timeline events I moved earlier to a temporary timeline where is will be split up into the smaller timelines as we find places to put the events.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines? - by QwertyYerty - 10-15-2016, 03:18 PM