The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

"Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines?
(10-19-2016, 12:49 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: I've updated the timeline (Information and Interplanetary Ages) to remove all but the first reference to Ken Ferjik. I've expanded that first entry slightly to create a bit of a preview to the main article and the mini-timeline within it.

Will take a closer look at the other entries that have been discussed on this thread a remove any that have a clear consensus for that when I get another block of free time. In the meantime, please feel free to continue the discussion on any remaining items that have still not been resolved or new items that might be potentially removed or consolidated into mini-timelines as well.

Thanks!

Todd

I would start with deleting these entries that Rynn discussed below.

Quote:65 - Nanoscale technology in widespread use for the manufacture of electronic equipment and other commodities; biotech continues to play an important role in the development of many poorer counties, despite political difficulties

65 - Genomic benefits result in significant extensions to life expectancies for newborns

65 - Computer power equivalent to human brain is available at consumer level prices, but suitable software lags behind. True sentient AI does not yet exist.

I think all three of these can be removed. The second two violate canon and the first is quite vague.

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Weeding" the Timeline & Early Timeline Contribution Guidelines? - by QwertyYerty - 10-24-2016, 05:18 AM