The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings from Darth Mencken
Finally signed-on! I don't know what the problem was with my Mike Parisi persona. Twice I tried, with new passwords, yet it just didn't work. Finally decided, "Screw it!" And registered anew as "Darth Mencken," whom in truth I identify as online for all but the most serious R/L matters (employment and/or romance - Haven't found a way yet to effectively combine the two!). Farewell, Mike Parisi. You'll always be there when needed!

Anyway, been busy in R/L of late. Happy to say the "employment" part of my situation has recently been resolved favorably, and things are looking good so far! That's enough WOT for now!

One slightly more relevant thing on my mind lately is, to what extent can each device connected to the Internet - along with the owners/users of such - be likened to neurons in the brain (each individually incapable of comprehending the whole, yet comprising a part of and contributing to such)? And could the first true transhuman intellect arise (or has it already, or is it in the process of such?) with the Internet comprising its brain/mind, and each of us (ourselves, and the various devices we use to connect to the Net) serving effectively as its neurons, synapses, etc., with no more awareness or comprehension of such than our own individual neurons presumably have of the whole they are a part of?

Know it's not the most original of ideas. But, well, might be worthy of analysis.

Thank you, and great to be here at last! Promise to contribute even more meaningfully than this when not busy with work, love, or anything equally important :-)

Messages In This Thread
Greetings from Darth Mencken - by Darth Mencken - 06-13-2013, 10:21 AM
RE: Greetings from Darth Mencken - by kch49er - 06-14-2013, 05:10 AM
RE: Greetings from Darth Mencken - by Drashner1 - 06-14-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: Greetings from Darth Mencken - by Matterplay1 - 06-15-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Greetings from Darth Mencken - by Drashner1 - 06-15-2013, 09:41 AM
RE: Greetings from Darth Mencken - by Matterplay1 - 06-15-2013, 11:11 AM