The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

It's been a long, long time.
Hi Chrontius - Welcome back!

Short on time atm, but - the Wayback Machine online should let you find older versions of the OA website that still feature Bias and Pitch drives. We're hoping to eventually have some kind of searchable archive of the old Yahoo discussion lists available as well (the current Yahoo version borders on unusable), but that's still a work in progress.

The Bias and Pitch Drives have been replaced with two new drives with a stronger basis in physics - the Void drive and the Halo drive respectively. There is also a Displacement drive that is less advanced than the first two. Black Angels have been redesigned to work with the Halo drive and can still be found within the OA setting, along with much new technology built around the basic warp bubble concept that underlies all three drives.

OA always aims to have room for new polities (and new stories), so my initial feeling is that the outlook would be good for the one you've been working on, possibly with some tweaks to fit it into the setting, depending on various factors such as where you would like to place it in the timeline and such. All things we can discuss.

Regarding details about the mind's claims and such, I'll need to take some time to review the relevant sections of the EG and get back to you on that, assuming no one beats me to it. Or possibly even if they doWink

Great to see you again and hope to talk to you more soon.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
It's been a long, long time. - by Chrontius - 04-30-2017, 10:08 PM
RE: It's been a long, long time. - by Drashner1 - 04-30-2017, 10:35 PM
RE: It's been a long, long time. - by Rynn - 04-30-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: It's been a long, long time. - by Chrontius - 05-01-2017, 02:55 PM