The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings From Connecticut!
Hi - Welcome to OA!

Re continuous acceleration - it looks like Rynn has covered the basics of figuring acceleration.

As he mentions there are lots of different continuous acceleration calculators floating around the web. This one is what I use most of the time.

Re Provolved Tree Kangaroos - They are cute. Big Grin Almost certainly they exist in the setting - although the EG we see only contains portions of the presumed full document that exists in the setting, it is mentioned that over 130,000 species have been provolved. Also, there are groups in the setting that approach provolution with what might be seen as religious fervor.

As Rynn says, if you would like to do a write up on them, please feel free. Otherwise, someone else may get around to it eventually. I can see them in several different forms, ranging from the basic provolve, with human level intelligence and hands of some kind, along with versions adapted to low gravity or zero G. Maybe also cyborg versions and even some transapients.

Re the SpaceX launch - I just watched it on YouTube in the last hour - very impressive and aspiringSmile

Once again, welcome to OA and see you around the forum.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
Greetings From Connecticut! - by Daniel S - 02-08-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Rynn - 02-08-2018, 05:57 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Daniel S - 02-08-2018, 07:43 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Rynn - 02-08-2018, 08:09 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Daniel S - 02-08-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Daniel S - 02-08-2018, 08:17 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Rynn - 02-08-2018, 08:26 AM
RE: Greetings From Connecticut! - by Drashner1 - 02-08-2018, 10:26 AM