The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New to OA, what's a good way to "get into it"?
(02-15-2019, 06:25 AM)jedidia Wrote: Would you like to know MORE? Tongue

Ha! Big Grin

(02-15-2019, 06:25 AM)jedidia Wrote: I figured as much by now, but races in SF are usually nations, which clades are not. Just saying that if you don't point that out, most people will just assume it until they figure it out.

Makes sense.

(02-15-2019, 06:25 AM)jedidia Wrote: Having again penetrated a little deeper into the setting, I think it might be unavoidable to mention pronouns in some way... It really does not seem wise in a light entry text, but damn, this whole time I was thinking "that spellchecker of theirs has the weirdest bug I've ever seen!" Big Grin

Heee! That's funny! And it also inspires me to make an update to the recently updated Culture and Society page. Going to add in a bulleted link to the OA Pronouns page. Info on this and/or a link to the page can also be added into the narrative sub-setting bit as you suggest, but this way it gets out in front a bit earlier and it does make sense to include it there as well. Will get it taken care of tomorrow or over the weekend.

Thanks for the idea! Please keep sharing if you've a mind to. This is good stuff! Smile

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to OA, what's a good way to "get into it"? - by Drashner1 - 02-15-2019, 02:57 PM