The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

OA Site Redesign - Call for Images + Header Suggestions
Just to add a bit of clarification here:

The current plan is for the redesigned homepage to employ a widget that will cycle thru three different background/primary images. The goal is also to have the capability to periodically swap out images, although whether this will be doable via the Content Management System or require direct intervention by Trond (our Webmaster) is not yet nailed down.

The main point being that we do not need to come up with 'The Image ™' for the redesigned homepage, but rather a series of images that meet the size guidelines sent out earlier. And whatever first three images we use need not be the last word on the subject.

Speaking now from my personal preference - I like the images presented so far, but would honestly prefer something that is representative of specific aspects of life in OA in Y11k. Spacecraft, worlds, megastructures, etc. that give a new person a feeling of 'Wow! That's a cool image - what is this place? I want to check it out' rather than more abstract or symbolic images. That's just me however, and as stated the plan is that there be more than one image presented on the homepage and that the images should be replaced with new ones from time to time. So plenty of room for both very realistic and very symbolic/abstract and everything in between in the long run.

Hope this helps,

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: OA Site Redesign - Call for Images + Header Suggestions - by Drashner1 - 06-14-2019, 01:46 AM