The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

From the Message Box - Mobile App for the Site
The website and forum generally look fine on a tablet, but things get a bit trickier on a smartphone. The screen shrinks down on my Android phone but that makes the text so tiny that it's near impossible to read without expanding it, flipping the phone to horizontal, and letting some portion of the screen 'fall off the edge' so yo can read the part you want.

I am definitely not a computer person, but my sense is that an OA mobile app (if such existed) would automagically adjust the way site content is organized depending on what was being used to view it.

While it's probably not a vital item, given how common mobile apps are, it is increasingly going to become expected that we should have such a thing simply because everybody else does. So it's probably something that will come along eventually.

Agreeing with Dfleymmes, we definitely want to get things right when we do make this sort of thing happen. That may include first fixing some deep 'foundational' elements of the sites coding that date back to our early days and therefore could stand to be updated, either because the state of the art has moved on or because what seemed like a good idea at the time might not seem so great when we look at it now.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: From the Message Box - Mobile App for the Site - by Drashner1 - 10-08-2016, 01:57 PM