The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Connecting the Website and the Forums
Quote:extherianToday at 8:11 PM
No way to like an article, comment on it or interact in any way short of signing up for the forum
[8:11 PM]
I imagine folks are used to it, but I think it puts people off joining the discussion when the two sides are so distant from each other
Extherian on the discord raised a good point about the website - there is no real way to comment on articles, or whatever. This then got me to thinking.

The Idea:
There could be a button similar to the share button next to every article. This would be called the Discussion button, or the Talk button.
[Image: image.png]
example

Where would this go?: 
Well, on Wikipedia, they lead to quite technical pages.
The problem is that my intention isn't just technical, bug fixes, notes, etc for these pages. Rather, "in-universe" it goes to a Wikipedia-style technical discussion page, but in reality it redirects you to a thread on the forum. These threads would be in a special category on the forums. (extherian said that it took him years to discover the forums - which is just him, but this could make the forums more noticeable in case we got readers like that?) 

What would be these threads used for?:
As I imply-mentioned before, they would be used for all kinds of technical discussion, bug fixes, notes and so on. And with the addition of informal conversations, comments too.

Messages In This Thread
Connecting the Website and the Forums - by Everything4404 - 07-29-2020, 03:36 AM