The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Nervous Question
(02-22-2021, 04:56 AM)lurker_in_the_wire Wrote: May I ask what defines a member in good standing? I know I just started, but in a little while it'd be good to know once I've got some stories in the ether.

There's no hard formal definition or set of requirements.

Generally, I would define a 'member in good standing' as someone who is reasonably active with the project, takes part in the discussions (here or on the Discord or both) in a good faith and friendly way, and aims to try to contribute to the ongoing development of the Orion's Arm setting, either expanding it into new areas in various ways or 'filling in the gaps' in various ways. Or helping us refine the existing concepts. This may involve actually writing new articles, updating existing articles, or just sharing good ideas and good logic in the course of discussions even if you personally don't do the actual writing per se.

Writing fiction set in the OA universe potentially checks most or all of those boxes, depending on the subject matter and such. So if that's what you're looking to do, you're already on the right track to 'in good standinghood'.

Hope this helps,

Todd

Messages In This Thread
Nervous Question - by lurker_in_the_wire - 02-21-2021, 09:54 AM
RE: Nervous Question - by Drashner1 - 02-21-2021, 02:51 PM
RE: Nervous Question - by lurker_in_the_wire - 02-21-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: Nervous Question - by Drashner1 - 02-22-2021, 01:23 AM
RE: Nervous Question - by lurker_in_the_wire - 02-22-2021, 04:56 AM
RE: Nervous Question - by Drashner1 - 02-22-2021, 06:37 AM
RE: Nervous Question - by lurker_in_the_wire - 02-22-2021, 06:52 AM