The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Multiple Snapshots Per Article?
This idea popped into my head within the last month, then sort of sank beneath the waves, and then I was reminded of it again just now.

Would it be desirable to set up/figure out a way to support multiple Snapshots per EG article? Currently, we limit this to one per article - but given enough time we might have a situation where different people want to write snapshots about different aspects of the same article. Major places like Kepleria or Metropolis City Ring come to mind, but also for different aspects of life in the setting or different takes on the same aspect.

From a technical perspective, I'm not sure if this is something we could/would want to just do within our current Content Management System capabilities (And what what would look like). Or if it is something that should wait and be done as part of the EG Redesign that I'm moving toward starting with Trond (I can imagine some possibly cleaner ways of doing this if we are building in additional capability in the EG).

But at the basic level there is the question of whether that sort of thing should be done at all.

Thoughts?

Todd

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Snapshots Per Article? - by Drashner1 - 07-06-2021, 05:42 AM
RE: Multiple Snapshots Per Article? - by selden - 07-06-2021, 07:08 AM
RE: Multiple Snapshots Per Article? - by Vitto - 07-06-2021, 07:08 AM
RE: Multiple Snapshots Per Article? - by selden - 07-06-2021, 07:35 AM