The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Afterlife
From what I can tell in an admittedly brief reading of the article and trying to make sense of this guys website his theory seems to pretty much consist of fancy wording (biocentrist), life affirming pseudo New Age phrasing, and the ever popular invoking of quantum mechanics to make it sound credible while also being cool and mysterious. While he may be very good in his field, I'm not seeing anything here to indicate any observational or experimental evidence for whatever it is he's proposing (whatever that is exactly).

Interestingly enough, I came to these conclusions before finding the wikipedia article on this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biocentric_universe

and it seems I'm not the only one.

This guy seems to be fiddling around in the realm of philosophy, not science.

In other words there doesn't seem to be any way to prove this to be true or false or much of anything else.

As far as how this would impact the setting: In a universe as large as OA, there are a huge number of beliefs. Some people probably believe something like this, most likely in dozens of forms and variations. For example we have an EG on Bioism:

http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/460d9a5a42235

But that would mean no more to the setting than all the beings who believe any of the many other religions or philosophies or whatever that also inhabit the setting. Because this doesn't appear to be science, merely philosophy or religion dressed up with scientific language.

My 2c worth,

Todd

Messages In This Thread
The Afterlife - by AmrlKJaneway - 11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
RE: The Afterlife - by Drashner1 - 11-17-2013, 02:31 PM
RE: The Afterlife - by AmrlKJaneway - 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: The Afterlife - by Rynn - 11-17-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: The Afterlife - by SteelEnsouled - 11-18-2013, 03:58 AM
RE: The Afterlife - by stevebowers - 11-18-2013, 04:41 AM
RE: The Afterlife - by Worldtree - 11-18-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: The Afterlife - by Rynn - 11-18-2013, 06:40 AM