The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings!
Smile 
Hi I am Alex,

I was watching the videos of Isaac Arthur in order and saw the namedrop for OA right at the very beginning.

I am an independent author of several books, some of it sci-fi, which is my favorite genre, but also dabble in many other types of creative writing, as well as academic writing. I post all of it for free online, but also offer one book for sale currently (the other ones are no longer available), which includes a large amount of my short to very short fiction.

I have been a an undergraduate of arts majoring in political science since 2017 at our local city University, but due to illness it is looking like I won't be completing my degree for now (I was diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2002 and have suffered greatly under this illness, though not all is gloomy).

As far as sci-fi authors I enjoy, there is the obvious gang of Asimov and his contemporaries (not all of them). But more recent authors include Gibson and Vinge, who I devoured. Recently started a Brunner novel ("The shockwave rider"). I won't post a full list, but my reading has also suffered in adulthood due to the various pharmaceuticals I chose to take to alleviate thoughts that are not helpful. Sad I do use goodreads to chronicle my relatively humble list of readings.

I enjoy this work so much already, especially the hard sci-fi angle.

Thanks to this community for making OA! Smile

Messages In This Thread
Greetings! - by steelvadi - 05-30-2023, 11:53 PM
RE: Greetings! - by Drashner1 - 05-31-2023, 02:45 AM
RE: Greetings! - by Worldtree - 05-31-2023, 04:41 AM
RE: Greetings! - by steelvadi - 06-08-2023, 07:01 PM