The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New on forums, Hello There!
Hi, just introducing myself. I've been reading OA articles for a few years now, and wanted to start actively contributing. I'm an artist and writer, but I'm mostly interested in contributing artwork for now.
Welcome to the team! We’re always looking for more artwork Smile what kind of things do you like to make? Feel free to dive into the forums with any questions or comments you may have.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Hi There - Welcome to OA!

ToddSmile
(12-20-2017, 10:10 AM)Rynn Wrote: Welcome to the team! We’re always looking for more artwork Smile what kind of things do you like to make? Feel free to dive into the forums with any questions or comments you may have.

I use traditional media (graphite, ink, acrylic paints) and then scan the finished project. I personally love creating powered craft of all sorts, as well as character concepts. Sometimes I merge digital images with my art, such as a spacecraft with a photo of Earth from orbit in the background, for example. I like to focus on hard science when creating such vehicles; you won't see many Star Wars/Star Trek knock-offs of ridiculously designed vehicles for example. As far as character design is concerned, I love the possibilities available with gene-modding and cyborization, so alot of my anthropomorphic art features decidedly other-than-human forms. Not that I'm against creating near-baselines, I just find it less exciting.
Welcome to the forums.