The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Paper: "The Psychological Dispositions of Self-Identified Libertarians"
I'm skeptical that genetic and developmental factors have any real impact on political beliefs, except maybe in edge cases like sociopathy. Regardless keeping it within OA:

I don't think political beliefs will change on a dime, even with far greater capacity to learn, an education/upbringing emphasising rationality and a host of information technologies. Instead I imagine that political belief will be far more nuanced. Your average sophont will have a much better understanding of their own and other's moral systems. Politics IRL might be flimsy but with OA tech its ascendancy into a mature social science is all but assured. Organising society's laws, policies and institutions to best fit with consensus morality is likely to be a much easier task.

I imagine that we'd struggle IRL to understand modosophont politics, at least at first. It might appear less polarised than RL politics but actually have far more fine detail and disagreements.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paper: "The Psychological Dispositions of Self-Identified Libertarians" - by Rynn - 06-23-2015, 10:41 PM