The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

i'm tantric, i'd like to bring the funk to OA
Hi Tantric, Welcome to OA Smile

I don't have much to add to what Rynn has already posted. We don't mention any near future pandemics/epidemics because no one has ever gotten around to proposing any. Similarly, we don't have much information on India or other parts of the world because so far no one has proposed writing more about these areas and how they might evolve over the history of the setting. We could probably just make something up, but generally prefer that someone with some familarity with the culture/religion/whatever do it rather than just pulling stuff out of the air that may be totally off base and have to be rewritten later. Again, if you have some expertise in some of these cultures then please feel free to propose some articles.

In terms of the future of Buddhism, by all means feel free to write something up for the groups consideration. Although to Rynn's point we are sensitive to issues of copyright where things like terminology are concerned. Also, we would probably want to see an explanation as to how a given faith or way of life came to be. It doesn't need to be a huge explanation. But we would probably want more than just saying that a religion merged with or arose out of a style of music and not saying why or how this happened.

Anyway, hope this helps, and once again Welcome to OA!

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm tantric, i'd like to bring the funk to OA - by Drashner1 - 08-18-2015, 02:51 AM