The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

400 million years to build a planet?
(09-24-2015, 06:41 AM)stevebowers Wrote: I'd like to have an entry on this subject eventually; the M67 cluster could be full of garden worlds by now. This cluster is somewhere between Sophic League, NoCoZo and Metasoft space, and any or all of these empires could have arrived there at around the same time. M67 is only mentioned on the site currently as a location of 30 blue stragglers; a type of star normally found in long-lived globular clusters.

The more I think about it, the more I can see a lot of potential for this location. Over 1000 stars in a volume 20ly across. Short travel times (relatively speaking) even w/o wormholes, possibly a lot of garden worlds (if we want to go that way), maybe leftover artifacts from ancient xenos or maybe precursor AIs passing through earlier in the timeline. maybe some Terragen megastructures, and developed systems here and there - but a lot of lightly inhabited places as well given the distance from the center of things. You could probably even fit in an archai or two if you wanted.

Hmm.

Todd

Messages In This Thread
400 million years to build a planet? - by Cray - 09-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: 400 million years to build a planet? - by Drashner1 - 09-24-2015, 12:15 PM