The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hey
Know this site is to bring imagination to our future. Read an article about Space Dolphins. So far so good. Where do I start on creating?
This website is gonna be 10,000 years ahead of it's time
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you enjoy OA Smile contributing is easy; once you're familiar with the setting decide if you want to write an EG article or a story, write up a first draft and post it in either the EG subforum or the creative writing subforum. At that point members will read it and provide feedback. On the basis of the feedback write a second draft and so on until the consensus is that it's ready for the site.

Of course you're more than welcome to start other threads for general questions and discussion of the setting as well.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Hi There, Welcome to OASmile

Rynn's pretty much covered everything already, but just to add a couple more things:

Please feel free to join in any ongoing discussions that grab you interest.

Also, if you have any questions or concerns about anything relating to OA, please feel free to post them in the appropriate sub-forum (or on this one if you have some questions now) or contact one of the admins directly via PM. Or use our Contact Us feature on the main website.

Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA!!

Todd
Hi! Welcome to the project! Big Grin always good to see new blood ;D you can start pretty much everywhere - I've been surfing this site since I was 12 or so, but it took me a few years to acquire a "feel" for the setting (nearly 17 now). If you feel ready to contribute, you can start pretty much anywhere, any area that interests you. As a matter of fact, for this month and Febuary, we're having a contest - users are encouraged to draft up articles involving Vecs and Virchworlds. Not sure how familiar you are with the project yet, but if you feel up to the challenge, go for it! Big Grin
James Rogers, Professional Idiot
Hi Terese! Welcome to OA!

Check out the Introduction on the front page of the OAUP website, and I'd also advise having a look at the Sophonts page in the Encyclopedia Galactica. Gives a nice set of links and overview of the peoples in the setting.

Aum Namah Sivaya!
(01-04-2016, 05:35 AM)QueElEs Wrote: Hi Terese! Welcome to OA!

Check out the Introduction on the front page of the OAUP website, and I'd also advise having a look at the Sophonts page in the Encyclopedia Galactica. Gives a nice set of links and overview of the peoples in the setting.

Aum Namah Sivaya!

Yeah i checked that out. Lot's of subspecies of 'humans' in this future. Rather excited!
Om Namo Narayana
This website is gonna be 10,000 years ahead of it's time
"Hey" back and welcome to the fun.
Evidence separates truth from fiction.