The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hyper- realistic PC game that can help us with ship design ideas
(11-07-2016, 02:43 AM)Rynn Wrote: I totally respect the fact it's an indie game, and it does seem to have a great physics simulator as its base. I just feel that the "game" is sorely lacking at the moment. I'll pick it up again if issues with the AI and interface are sorted (the way missiles and drones are programed to intercept is a big annoyance, rather than projecting the enemy position based on their vector and plotting against that they simply point their nose at the enemy and fire the engines. Less than optimal to say the least).

There's a funny story about missile AI. Right now, the game has code for more accurate guidance algorithms already built in, but they're disabled because the number of calculations tends to bring computers to a grinding halt if the player launcher too many missiles.

Figuring out how to reduce the number of calculations while maintaining accuracy is a topic of discussion on the forum and a priority for the dev.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hyper- realistic PC game that can help us with ship design ideas - by Crazy Tom - 11-08-2016, 12:24 PM