The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Andromeda TV Series
(12-24-2016, 11:09 AM)terranova210486 Wrote: Any ideas on how to incorporate elements from the show into OA?

Here's a link to the wiki if you need help: http://andromeda.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

As you yourself said, OA already incorporates a lot of elements that were used in the series. So what else would you suggest we add? And why would we want to take elements from some other franchise instead of seeking to be generate our own - original - elements?

Todd
I like the Vedrans; they are a quadruped race obviously descended from centaurs. But they appear to have almost completely evolved into erect bipeds- this also happens to some of the races mentioned in Olaf Stapledon's Starmeker. Perhaps we could have a similar clade in OA, inspired by both sources or neither.
[Image: latest?cb=20090102043306]
(12-25-2016, 04:42 AM)stevebowers Wrote: I like the Vedrans; they are a quadruped race obviously descended from centaurs. But they appear to have almost completely evolved into erect bipeds- this also happens to some of the races mentioned in Olaf Stapledon's Starmeker. Perhaps we could have a similar clade in OA, inspired by both sources or neither.
[Image: latest?cb=20090102043306]

How about sentient ships with robot avatars or a clade of cute purple pixies/golden space babes? Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?Wink
I love the first two seasons of Andromeda....then it went bad. As I remember it (and I may be wrong) the original show-runner either was fired or quit, and from that point on it was somewhat rudderless. I always felt as if I had missed four or five episodes and was trying to catch up. Turns out it was just bad writing.

In those first two seasons, I only had one problem: Why, o why does Andromeda need a captain? Shouldn't the ship itself be in command?

But they had some neat tech - the whole idea behind the "Force Lance" with smart drone projectiles was great. They mentioned that the interior of the ship was saturated with nanobots, but never went into detail and never used that idea again. Their concept for FTL was at least consistent and somewhat limiting (I kept thinking "Did Larry Niven get credit for this?").

The first two seasons were kind of a "Buck Rogers, but done right" thing.... The last three seasons (season 5 in particular) were a mess.
(12-26-2016, 05:13 PM)rom65536 Wrote: I love the first two seasons of Andromeda....then it went bad. As I remember it (and I may be wrong) the original show-runner either was fired or quit, and from that point on it was somewhat rudderless. I always felt as if I had missed four or five episodes and was trying to catch up. Turns out it was just bad writing.

In those first two seasons, I only had one problem: Why, o why does Andromeda need a captain? Shouldn't the ship itself be in command?

But they had some neat tech - the whole idea behind the "Force Lance" with smart drone projectiles was great. They mentioned that the interior of the ship was saturated with nanobots, but never went into detail and never used that idea again. Their concept for FTL was at least consistent and somewhat limiting (I kept thinking "Did Larry Niven get credit for this?").

The first two seasons were kind of a "Buck Rogers, but done right" thing.... The last three seasons (season 5 in particular) were a mess.
I know. I could have written a better season 4 or 5.
(12-26-2016, 03:18 PM)terranova210486 Wrote: How about sentient ships with robot avatars or a clade of cute purple pixies/golden space babes? Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?Wink

Technically speaking, OA does have avatars, although we speak of them in terms of being the 'front end' for a transapient or archailect operating a corporeal body in ril or a virtual body operated by a sophont (of any S-level) operating in virch.

A physical body operated/inhabited by a sophtware entity might be an eidolon or a temporary body.

Purple pixie sophonts might exist if some culture decided to engineer themselves that way or if an individual decided to bodymod themselves into something like that.

ToddSmile
I know of at least one place you can find centauroids: [x].
I love centaurs, centauroids, all kind of -taurs. And also i love Olaf Stapledon Starmaker (1937).

If i want to make a clade in the future, i will need help.
(04-07-2017, 08:28 PM)Avengium Wrote: I love centaurs, centauroids, all kind of -taurs. And also i love Olaf Stapledon Starmaker (1937).

If i want to make a clade in the future, i will need help.
What about cute purple pixies or golden space babes?
I think there are currently pixies or clades similar to pixies.
And for space babes, maybe a erotogini because this is one of the main features of a space babe.