The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Suggestion: OA in spanish. Is this possible?
(03-09-2017, 04:18 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: So, I ran your translation through Google Translate and although I haven't checked it word for word against the original OA page, the result seems surprisingly accurate. It appears that computer translation has advanced considerably since the last time I paid attention to this.

Hi Todd. I translated the page by myself. I know that google translate advanced a lot through constant work and research along this time.

(03-09-2017, 04:18 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: With that in mind, and subject to approval from the group, a idea on how this might work comes to mind:

Avengium - if you would like to translate pages and articles into Spanish (btw do you speak Spanish from Spain, or Spanish from Central/South America? Is there any significant difference?),
I'm from Madrid, Spain. There are some differences between central/south america spanish. I think is something like UK and USA english. For example in spain we use 1st person singular "TĂș" and in america they use "Usted" (a way that have more respect, or something). And other differences. I translate to spanish from spain.

(03-09-2017, 04:18 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: we could then run the results through Google Translate and compare the output against the original article. If/when we find wording issues we could discuss them with you to determine the source of the issue and work out a correction/alternate wording that would (hopefully) still keep the intent of what we originally said.
I'm agree. Talking about is a solution. I will love to read OA in spanish. So i thought i can translate something myself. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suggestion: OA in spanish. Is this possible? - by Avengium - 03-09-2017, 07:19 AM