The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Well i'm new here.
Big Grin 
I am willqwertyz or just Will I am a college student and scifi lover. I have read the Encyclopedia Galactica for a long time, I recently bought the two short story collections and decided to finally join the forums. One of my favorite articles is "The Solar System in 539 AT" and I also enjoy the various kinds of Xenosophonts.
(04-24-2017, 11:14 AM)willqwertyz Wrote: I am willqwertyz or just Will I am a college student and scifi lover. I have read the Encyclopedia Galactica for a long time, I recently bought the two short story collections and decided to finally join the forums. One of my favorite articles is "The Solar System in 539 AT" and I also enjoy the various kinds of Xenosophonts.

Hi Will - Welcome to OA!

I'm glad you enjoy the Solar System in 539AT article and hope you enjoy the stories in the books.

We're currently working on a new article about the Solar System in 10,600AT. If you'd like to share any ideas for that article, please feel free.

For that matter, you're welcome to take part in any discussion taking place on the forums or start a new thread if there's something you'd like to discuss that isn't currently being talked about.

Finally, if you have any questions about the OA setting or the project in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps, and once again: Welcome to OASmile

Todd
Welcome Big Grin
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Welcome!
(04-24-2017, 11:34 AM)Drashner1 Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 11:14 AM)willqwertyz Wrote: I am willqwertyz or just Will I am a college student and scifi lover. I have read the Encyclopedia Galactica for a long time, I recently bought the two short story collections and decided to finally join the forums. One of my favorite articles is "The Solar System in 539 AT" and I also enjoy the various kinds of Xenosophonts.

Hi Will - Welcome to OA!

I'm glad you enjoy the Solar System in 539AT article and hope you enjoy the stories in the books.

We're currently working on a new article about the Solar System in 10,600AT. If you'd like to share any ideas for that article, please feel free.

For that matter, you're welcome to take part in any discussion taking place on the forums or start a new thread if there's something you'd like to discuss that isn't currently being talked about.

Finally, if you have any questions about the OA setting or the project in general, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps, and once again: Welcome to OASmile

Todd
I will read up on the Solar System in 10,600AT and see if i can add anything. What what i've seen there is little concerning the history of the Sol System from the Technocalypse to the modern period but I may have missed some articles. 

I will need to read more of the forums before I start any new threads
We actually don't have much on the history of Sol System. Although various members are playing around with that aspect of things to some degree at the moment. Please feel free to weigh in on that subject if it interests you. The Solar System in 10,600AT article is intended to be sort of a snapshot of the 'current state' of Sol System in the OA 'present day' in much the same way that the Solar System in 539AT article is a snapshot of the state of Sol System right before the Technocalypse.

Re starting new threads - no problem, whatever works best for you is fineSmile

Todd
(04-25-2017, 12:18 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: We actually don't have much on the history of Sol System. Although various members are playing around with that aspect of things to some degree at the moment. Please feel free to weigh in on that subject if it interests you. The Solar System in 10,600AT article is intended to be sort of a snapshot of the 'current state' of Sol System in the OA 'present day' in much the same way that the Solar System in 539AT article is a snapshot of the state of Sol System right before the Technocalypse.

Re starting new threads - no problem, whatever works best for you is fineSmile

Todd

I will try to add what I can to the history of Sol for the 10,600AT article. But first I must survive finals.
Welcome Will. Smile