The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Krasnikov tube vs Worm Holes and Alubierre Drive
So, would an Alcubierre metric traveling faster than light also only collapse if it was being steered in a direction where it could run into itself?

edit; my bad on the mistake. I was positive I read somewhere that if high enough relativistic velocities were achieved, Lorentz contractions would alter the size of the wormhole mouth and destabilize it...

edit 2; this is what I'm thinking of - "2) Linear instabilities: Wormholes are typically subjected to linear instabilities during the deployment phase, right after the wormhole has been inflated from the quantum regime, but before it is inflated to traversable size. These instabilities come from Lorentz contraction during the transport of the wormhole mouths to their final destinations and are typically limited to perturbations of less than 50% of the wormhole rest mass. For this reason, wormhole transport velocities are constrained to less than .74c." Although it goes on to say that this restriction doesn't matter if the mouth is transported within a void bubble.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Krasnikov tube vs Worm Holes and Alubierre Drive - by AmrlKJaneway - 05-04-2017, 07:04 PM