The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hey Guys.
I have a link, primarily, a DA: http://imperial-ascendance.deviantart.com/
Some fun artworkSmile

Some of the poster art and maps (actually maps created for OA - such as the state of the US in the early timeline) might be very applicable to OA. Some of the animal-human hybrids or the like might also have some applicability in the parts of the setting. The poster art might work for some pages on things like polities or megacorps or the like.

Todd
Oh, actually, the animal headed people were for a fantasy 19th Century-esque world (populated by animal people), while the maps, I can work with. Part of me wants to believe OA takes place in an alternate future, in a way (like I said, feels really vaporwave).
(05-15-2017, 12:03 PM)IA190 Wrote: Oh, actually, the animal headed people were for a fantasy 19th Century-esque world (populated by animal people), while the maps, I can work with. Part of me wants to believe OA takes place in an alternate future, in a way (like I said, feels really vaporwave).

What makes you feel that way? Also, what about the future OA describes feels 'vaporwave'?

Just curious,

Todd
Photo 
I guess it's the early 00s UI--a lot of it reminds me of retro graphics that people sometimes use in vaporwave. Vaporwave is a pretty broad aesthetic definition that encompasses stuff from the 1980s, 1990s, and early 00s: here's an example:
[Image: convert?cache=true&crop=0%2C0%2C1650%2C825]
Also, you think we could use a discord chat?
I agree. Although the forum should definitely not be replaced, we do noticeably lack any kind of live chat, although maybe Slack would be more our thing. Discord is for gamers, after allm

My lifelong goal: To add "near" to my "baseline" classification.

Lucid dreaming: Because who says baseline computronium can't run virches?
Not really--discord is way more open these days, to all kinds of communities, not just for gamers. I'm part of multiple friend communities, actually, that aren't specifically game-related. Your call, though, or we can just add each other as contacts (if you have).
I'm Avengium #3715 in Discord app. Smile
I think is a cool idea.
I've used the NoCoZo banner on the topic page now
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45cd3bb5026a4
...very impressive.