The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello!
Hello! I'm the Astrogator. I've known the project for quite a while now, and I've been reading the Encyclopedia Galactica for years, but until now I contributed to nothing else.
Recently, I've decided to make a project based on Orion's Arm universe. This project requires some stuffs from the OAUP, so I guess I should introduce myself before asking for stuffs.
Welcome to the forum Smile is the project you're talking about the mod idea for Children of a Dead Earth mentioned on the discord server?
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Hi there - Welcome to OASmile

What sort of project and what kind of stuff?

Todd
(09-13-2017, 02:46 AM)Rynn Wrote: Welcome to the forum Smile is the project you're talking about the mod idea for Children of a Dead Earth mentioned on the discord server?

Yes.

(09-13-2017, 03:44 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Hi there - Welcome to OASmile

What sort of project and what kind of stuff?

Todd

It's a project I made for another game called 'Children of a Dead Earth', a hard SF game. This project is about modding the OA planets into that game.
Ok - what did you have in mind? Are you saying you want to basically import some of the worlds from OA into the game? I'm guessing yes, but am not a gamer or programmer and want to make sure we're all understanding each other correctly here.

Also, when you talk about using OA planets, what sort of content are you looking to use? Just the image of the planet from space? The information from the data panels? Additional content?

Feel free to either reply here or start a thread on the subject on the forum. I'd suggest using the Other Media sub-forum for a new thread if you decide to go that route but either option is fine.

Thanks!

Todd
(09-13-2017, 09:54 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Ok - what did you have in mind? Are you saying you want to basically import some of the worlds from OA into the game? I'm guessing yes, but am not a gamer or programmer and want to make sure we're all understanding each other correctly here.

Also, when you talk about using OA planets, what sort of content  are you looking to use? Just the image of the planet from space? The information from the data panels? Additional content?

Feel free to either reply here or start a thread on the subject on the forum. I'd suggest using the Other Media sub-forum for a new thread if you decide to go that route but either option is fine.

Thanks!

Todd
1) Yep.
2) I'll need the textures (most can be found in OAUP Celestia mod folder, but where's New Gaia?) and the information. Orbital properties, physical properties and rotational data for each star, planet and moon, etc.
3) I'll make the thread later.
Hi!

Most of this info can be found in the Celestia pack, but if anything is missing I can probably dig it up (unless Radtech gets there first).

Here's the New Gaia map - I have converted this into Celestia format in the past, but I'm not sure I still have the texture. If not I can always do it again.
http://www.orionsarm.com/im_store/newgai...201181.jpg

What size texture would you prefer?