The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Orville
I just started watching the Orville, and I have to admit, I like it.  

It's an affectionate parody of Star Trek that still take's itself seriously enough.  The characters are funny but they also don't make them 100 percent perfect, just ordinary people.

What do you guys think?
I've seen a couple of episodes. I'm alternating between enjoying it and wincing slightly at some parts.

I'm prepared to like it, but want to see a bit more of it and see how it develops. Star Trek (TNG - which this most closely parallels/parodies) evolved and matured a good bit even over the course of its first season. We'll see what happens with The Orville.

Todd
Any more thoughts anyone?
I've been enjoying it. Why it has such a low critical rating on Rotten Tomatoes is beyond me.

I do think the ship is poorly designed, though: the shuttle bay is behind three engine-arcs. What?!
Now that I've seen the first four episodes of The Orville and the first three episodes of Star Trek: Discovery, I have to say that I prefer The Orville in terms of story and characters; in addition, The Orville "feels" more like Star Trek IMO than does Star Trek: Discovery.

Just my opinion,

Radtech497
"I'd much rather see you on my side, than scattered into... atoms." Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe
What did you guys think of episode 4?
Episode 4 is largely a retelling of 'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.
I quite like it. The humor is dry as a the surface of the sun but that's how I like it.
Anyone seen episode 5 yet?
I just watched episode six. Anyone else?