The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Suggestion - Modosophont Illustration Page
They're obviously not done (most features aren't mentioned yet and there's no device accessories)- but they can give a good idea of the variety possible. The black blocks off to the side are measurement in meters.

Feel free to make any comments with any problems with them, from the names to appearance to style- though I won't get back to you with anything more than a few sentences for a month.
Very coolSmile I'll aim to have a list of accessories and augments put together for consideration by the time you get back. Also any other thoughts that come to mind.

Have a nice trip.

Todd
(08-14-2013, 02:28 AM)Dfleymmes1134 Wrote: I'll be away for a few weeks- but here's some samples.

This strongly reminds me of a photoset I once saw, of the various body-types that can be found amongst Olympic athletes. A bit of Googling seems to have turned up a copy at http://reelfoto.blogspot.ca/2012/08/howa...stein.html.
Thank you for your time,
--
DataPacRat
"Does aₘᵢₙ=2c²/Θ ? I don't know, but wouldn't it be fascinating if it were?"

So, I went data mining on the website and came up with the following list of augmentations, enhancements, and gadgets that an 'average' modosophont in the setting might have. Where possible, I've included a link to the relevant EG page.

Please look it over and feel free to offer any suggestions for additional items I might have missed or any other thoughts come to mind.

Thanks!

Attached Files
.docx   Types of Augments or Personal Devices.docx (Size: 15.13 KB / Downloads: 8)
Just to couple more thoughts on the illustration page...

Would it be possible/desirable to include some of the larger and smaller near-baseline/tweak clades such as Goliaths, Nisse, and Nephilim?

Same question but for some of the provolved clades, such as sapient bonobos and neo-dolphins? Also maybe provolved octopi (as a tip-o-the-hat) to Heavy in the Sarge stories by Adam.

This might also let us play with things like handtech and such that aren't currently listed in the augmentations list I posted earlier.

Just some thoughts,

Todd
All those augmentations look very good. They can be added. Thanks!
Also the nephilim and other more extreme human variants are quite possible. Dolphins and octopi and others are possible too. I'll make them when I am able to finish the human variants.
About the presentation of these:
In the cases of large differences of scale, like when showing nephilim and a baseline human together, the callouts would be distracting. However, when placing 3 together (as opposed to the current 4 or 5), callouts might be more appropriate. Attached is the finished Goliath Sheet. That's the format i'll use, I think.
but, if it would helpful, I can show 1 individual per image, and have more than a name, clade and gender.

Note: As I think I mentioned, The drawings were not finished quite yet, so it will probably be necessary to change the images again to avoid having messy diagrams with unfinished callouts. Also, some of the text might not currently be legible. These images are vectors, and so can be made at any scale with geometric clarity. I've been showing screenshots, because they're a smaller file size.
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45bd06293820c
the Nephilim-Nisse scale comparison could be considered finished, I suppose.

Here's a progress sample of the dolphin provolves (attached).
(most information taken from this and related articles)
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/47eaf707eac4b

The dolphins, elephants, and other provolves give an interesting problem of where to put hand-tech. I chose to give most of the dolphins two biological arms, usually behind the fins- just because they might be more dependable (they don't need to be manufactured) in case of complete disaster. Maybe i'm wrong.
Callouts can be added.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have used some of your unfinished images as general illustrations on the Modosophont page; but I'll certainly use the finished images on the individual clade pages. They are looking very good indeed. I like the fractal gloves on the Nephilim - nice touch.
Very nice images - I really like the fractal gloves as well. Also, the clothing is rather growing on me. In the controlled environment of a hab, the extensive clothing we are used to seeing in 'Western' civilization wouldn't be necessary. Even in habs so large they have weather or on terraformed planets, angelnetting or nanoskin would make heavy clothing mostly unnecessary.

Cool stuff!

Todd
Attached

Here's Clade Nephilim

Clade Nisse

Clade Octoperior (Maybe the name should be changed? I couldn't find any actual name for provolved octopi)

Let me know if there's anything missing or should be changed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)