The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

New and Amended Pages 27/11/18
New and Amended Pages 27/11/18
https://orionsarm.com/updates

27 November 2018 (Einstein 18, 50 A.T.)
New Fiction
The 10K Travel Logs of the Deeper Covenant :: The Oracle Fragment - an OA related project by Julia Harrison

New Feature; Snapshots from life in the Orion Arm
The Kid (Visual Arts) :: The Consensus (Cyberdemocracy) :: The Johnny Stevens (House Stevens) :: The Brunel Club (Arcturus Institute of Alternate History)

New Pages
Alien Civilisations in the Local Group :: Potato (Asteroid Habitat) :: Comparative Chronology :: The Black-hole brains of NGC 3109

Updated Pages
The Andromeda Galaxy :: The Sextans Swarmers ::

New Images
Perihelion (world) :: Asoka's Pillar :: Adorate :: Eganfodugbe :: Modular Future :: Halsokallan :: Moon Brain :: Jupiter Brain

Any others?
Yes, the revised Baseline, Nearbaseline and Yas Om articles that I wrote this year. These entries still haven't been mentioned in any of the site updates so far.
Apologies. I'll make sure they get into the next one, together with the new Culture and Society main page, the Gearhead article, OrPro and Nu Phoenicis. I see we have outstanding articles on the Geneer Republic, Narcograms, the Great Whale, the Megafactory, the Paulans and the Quadrail gaussgun to finalise too, as well as an update concerning the controversy over the Baseline Reserves (I might make that a separate page).

Three articles I've got on the back burner are upgrades to the bubblehabs, scoopships, and artificial suns articles. Further down the line are articles about Garden Paste/artificial soils, and a couple of planets which are just vague ideas at the moment (a planet of enhanced mice? What would Walt Disney, Art Speigelman or Douglas Adams say about that?)
As mentioned last month, the Australia and Interplanetary Dark Ages updates need to be added. There were also new images for the Gengineer Republic and Jovian Leage in their respective articles.
Just to throw this out for consideration...

Given the greatly increased number of articles, artwork, etc. that now come in each month, perhaps we should look at setting up a tracking spreadsheet in Google Sheets? It could be updated by the Editors or even the forum membership, if we want to go that way.

It could probably be set up in a few minutes once we settle on what fields we want it to contain.

Thoughts?

Todd
I'd prefer just a simple thread on this forum, where anyone can post a link to an article that is either complete and on the site or ready to go straight to the site. We could make it a sticky.
Why don’t we just add the articles mentioned above to yesterday’s entry?
I like to announce these articles on social media, so it is best if we don't add articles after the announcement has gone out. But we have so many outstanding articles in a high state of readiness I could probably make a new announcement next week. That will make it a December announcement.
(11-28-2018, 11:34 PM)stevebowers Wrote: I'd prefer just a simple thread on this forum, where anyone can post a link to an article that is either complete and on the site or ready to go straight to the site. We could make it a sticky.

That seems worth a shot.

Do you want to sticky the thread or shall I?

Also, some sort of announcement about this would probably be good.

Todd
(11-29-2018, 12:20 PM)stevebowers Wrote: I like to announce these articles on social media, so it is best if we don't add articles after the announcement has gone out. But we have so many outstanding articles in a high state of readiness I could probably make a new announcement next week. That will make it a December announcement.

Sounds good