The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Technium: Brains of White Matter
Think we got our wires crossed somewhere...not enough 'white matter', perhaps. I thought you were saying that processing power was of only minor significance in the difference between Transapients and modosophonts. My point was that we are only slightly different from chimps, yet we have vastly greater mental abilities than they do. I like to think that sheer processing power plays a significant role in the unique capabilities that Transapients have, if for no other reason than that these abilities would require impractical amounts of computronium to integrate into a modosophont mind. Our brains didn't have to be redesigned from scratch to 'ascend', they just needed more mass.

Regarding Superiors, they may have been a moving target in the past, but there's only so much you can improve a fundamentally flawed processing substrate like the human brain. By Y11K, they've surely reached the limit of how intelligent a biological human can become while keeping the brain's size constant. I would imagine that the many mental advantages described in the Superior Genemods page are those of Y11K Superiors, and that they aren't getting any smarter since they've run out of things to improve.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Technium: Brains of White Matter - by extherian - 12-03-2018, 10:41 AM