The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Incorporated TV series
Incorporated is how I imagined life in OA megacorporation's would be like.  What do you think?
I'd need to see a number of episodes to have an opinion one way or the other, tbh.

I had actually thought this series came and went a couple years ago. Which may just mean I haven't been paying attention.

The megacorporations likely went through significant evolution over time, particularly as they spread across interstellar distances. So while this show might (or might not) reflect life in the megacorps at one point in their history, it wouldn't cover all the bases.

What elements from the TV show to you specifically see as applying to OA's megacorps?

Todd
(12-18-2018, 01:32 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: I'd need to see a number of episodes to have an opinion one way or the other, tbh.

I had actually thought this series came and went a couple years ago. Which may just mean I haven't been paying attention.

The megacorporations likely went through significant evolution over time, particularly as they spread across interstellar distances. So while this show might (or might not) reflect life in the megacorps at one point in their history, it wouldn't cover all the bases.

What elements from the TV show to you specifically see as applying to OA's megacorps?

Todd

The power that corporations hold over society, the culture within the corp, with company loyalty being a big thing.  And of course the private military.
I remember being a bit disappointed in Incorporated. It was a lot of cliches about megacorps acting in a heavy handed fashion, which would end their rule in pretty short order.

I tend to look toward Alien/Aliens, Outland, and Bladerunner as good examples of megacorps in action.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer
----------------------

"Everbody's always in favor of saving Hitler's brain, but when you put it in the body of a great white shark, oh, suddenly you've gone too far." -- Professor Farnsworth, Futurama