The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Oracle Fragment graphic novel Patrreon now open!
Become a Patreon for Julia Harrison! Her project, The Oracle Fragment graphic novel, needs support.
https://www.patreon.com/juliaharrison

[Image: oraclefragment2.png]

Quote:I’m a professional illustrator and concept artist who specializes in science fiction and fantasy. I'm also a writer! With that killer combo, I plan on telling kickass stories for you all.

I hope my work inspires you to look at the stars and imagine what incredible adventures await us out there - and to explore your own!

The Oracle Fragment is a science fiction thriller slated to become a graphic novel series, likely a series of novels, and a set of audio dramas (the last by me and my husband Joe Harrison). On a desolate planet 9,000 years in the future, an archaeological team uncovers an ancient city with a dark secret. Soon Amalia Ajoran, the youngest member of the team, is fighting not only for her life, but for the lives of her friends and mentors.

I've been developing this story for over ten years. In 2015, I teamed up with the Orion's Arm Universe Project to make their shared universe the setting of the story. Now I'm ready to take things to a whole new level, and that's what this Patreon is all about.
I've copied the banner and announcement for The Oracle Fragment to the OA main page. Please look it over and tell me what you think.

On a related note - Have we posted anything to our Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr pages about TOF yet? And is it practical/desirable to post anything to the Discord, assuming we haven't already?

I've also made some adjustments to our mentions of the OA fiction for sale on the front page as well. In the process of working on it, I've found that we have different links in different parts of the website leading to different vendor (Barnes and Noble, Amazon, our internal PDF copy sales page) for Against a Diamond Sky.

While our second book, After Tranquility was done entirely through Amazon, ADS was done across a range of platforms. I'm not entirely sure how to characterize that off the top of my head, but this is probably something we should address in the fairly near future for consistency. Will let this percolate a bit and then take a shot at it, assuming no one beats me to it or wants to present an option(s) proactively here and now.

Thanks!

Todd
I've posted to the Facebook pages, the Tumblr and the Discord; I need to reset the Twitter account password again, because it is a long time since I used it. Any other possibilities?
Does the OAUP have a Pinterest account, by any chance? That could be a possibility. If not I'd be happy to help y'all set one up. With the amount of visual content you generate, I think it'd be a good platform.
I'm on Twitter!
Also Facebook!
And Pinterest!
(I'm pretty much everywhere)
Oh and Todd, the main page looks great! I was so pleased to see it!!
I'm on Twitter!
Also Facebook!
And Pinterest!
(I'm pretty much everywhere)
Please be advised:

A review of the Patreon page for The Oracle Fragment seems to indicate that it is no longer active.

We (the management) have also not heard anything from the author/artist in over 6 mos to indicate the status of the project, if any.

Based on the above, the OAUP is removing the promotional banner and link to Patreon from the OA main page, effective immediately. If you are still seeing the banner on the main page, you may need to clear your cache and refresh the page.

Any current banners and links for the project that may exist on our social media pages will also be removed.

Any forum members who may be contributing to the Patreon account for this project are advised to stop doing so.

Thank you,

Todd

Admin - Orion's Arm Universe Project
seems reasonable

"Any forum members who may be contributing to the Patreon account for this project are advised to stop doing so."

unless of course you wish to contribute to Julia Harrison's patreon page to support her as an artist more generally (probably just ask her to do a commission directly)