The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Signatures…
(09-02-2019, 12:41 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: First thing - check your control panel now and see if the signature option is there now. If it is (or even if it isn't), thanks to Dfleymmes1134 for his help on this.

(09-02-2019, 12:05 PM)amzolt Wrote: And, what does this mean? --> "Removed all the quoted material."

…This function allows you to include samples of another person's text in your reply………
Todd

Right, Todd—in fact, I read the long form Rules for the forum and they did recommend "pruning" that quoted material  Cool
(09-02-2019, 12:46 PM)amzolt Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 12:41 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: check your control panel now and see if the signature option is there now…thanks to Dfleymmes1134 for his help on this.

CHECK! It's there—thank you, Sir!
(09-02-2019, 12:05 PM)amzolt Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 11:59 AM)SeanR Wrote: In the future, it might be worth passing your screenshot through a simple graphics engine to give yourself the opportunity to redact those elements which you might not wish every registered member to have access to.
In the present, it might be worth editing your existing posts to substitute redacted screenshots.

Edit. Removed all the quoted material.

Redact?

What should I redact?

What would I not wish every member to have access to?

And, where are these "simple graphic engines"?

And, what does this mean? --> "Removed all the quoted material."

The others explained it, but I still feel I should speak up since it was my own error.

Yes, I was suggesting you might want to blot out your email address in the screenshot. But I didn't want to type that term as I didn't want to invite a third party to notice, if someone had the means to scrape the database.
I am a proponent of giving access to only what is needed to solve the speakers problem. No one needed to be able to see your email address to address, or understand, your issue.

I misspoke when I wrote simple graphics engine. I meant to write simple graphics editor. But yes, basically paint or gimp.

When I replied, I forgot to prune away all the irrelevant material that passed between you and Drashner1, so I went back and erased it from my reply as a courtesy. The last line was to indicate that I had done so. It wasn't an instruction for you.

As I said above, I wanted to incorporate some obscurity, as I didn't want to point a proverbial neon sign at the very element I thought you might want to hide, but obviously I failed to make it comprehensible. That happens. I blame low blood-caffeine levels.
(09-05-2019, 02:05 AM)SeanR Wrote: As I said above, I wanted to incorporate some obscurity, as I didn't want to point a proverbial neon sign at the very element I thought you might want to hide, but obviously I failed to make it comprehensible. That happens. I blame low blood-caffeine levels.

I appreciate your concern, Sean; but, even though the email in that screenshot will get communications to me, they're all forwarded to another account that's very secure (encryption, etc…)