The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Signatures…
Hope this is in the right forum…

I've seen posts with what looks like a "signature link" at the end; but, I see nowhere in my User CP to add a signature—are the ones I see just folks adding links to every post or are signatures available at a certain "level" of participation or _______?
If you look about halfway down the left side of the User CP, you should see a section labeled Your Profile which contains a list of different things you can change about your profile. At the end of the list is the option to change your signature - which includes creating a signature in the first place. Click on that option and you will be taken to a screen that is very similar to the screen used to post something to the forum. From there you can set up whatever signature you'd like to use.

Hope this helps,

Todd
(09-02-2019, 06:20 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: If you look about halfway down the left side of the User CP, you should see a section labeled Your Profile which contains a list of different things you can change about your profile. At the end of the list is the option to change your signature - which includes creating a signature in the first place. Click on that option and you will be taken to a screen that is very similar to the screen used to post something to the forum. From there you can set up whatever signature you'd like to use.

Hope this helps,

Todd

Nope—don't see it…

And, even the "Edit Options" has nothing for signature…

image attached………

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hm. That's odd.

I need to get dinner put together but will dig into this later tonight or tomorrow.

At a guess - it may be a case of how many posts you have made unlocking different levels of capability. I believe we made some adjustments in that regard some years ago, but I don't recall all the details.

We'll get back to you,

Todd
(09-02-2019, 08:56 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: Hm. That's odd.

I need to get dinner put together but will dig into this later tonight or tomorrow.

At a guess - it may be a case of how many posts you have made unlocking different levels of capability. I believe we made some adjustments in that regard some years ago, but I don't recall all the details.

We'll get back to you,

Todd

Thanks a heap, Todd!
In the future, it might be worth passing your screenshot through a simple graphics engine to give yourself the opportunity to redact those elements which you might not wish every registered member to have access to.
In the present, it might be worth editing your existing posts to substitute redacted screenshots.

Edit. Removed all the quoted material.
(09-02-2019, 11:59 AM)SeanR Wrote: In the future, it might be worth passing your screenshot through a simple graphics engine to give yourself the opportunity to redact those elements which you might not wish every registered member to have access to.
In the present, it might be worth editing your existing posts to substitute redacted screenshots.

Edit. Removed all the quoted material.

Redact?

What should I redact?

What would I not wish every member to have access to?

And, where are these "simple graphic engines"?

And, what does this mean? --> "Removed all the quoted material."
amazolt, you have some information that some people might paint over/erase/ redact with a graphics engine (photoshop, GIMP/ microsoft paint, any photo editor) like your email or posts? but you've left it public on purpose, and on your website, so i'm guessing you're fine,
-if- that's what you want.

"Removed all the quoted material."
means that when you write a post replying to someone else, the first person's post will be 'quoted' in a lighter grey box
First thing - check your control panel now and see if the signature option is there now. If it is (or even if it isn't), thanks to Dfleymmes1134 for his help on this.

(09-02-2019, 12:05 PM)amzolt Wrote: And, what does this mean? --> "Removed all the quoted material."

It means that SeanR clicked the Reply button on the forum controls, which generates a message window that also contains a copy of the text of the previous message that he is (presumably) replying to. This function allows you to include samples of another person's text in your reply, usually to indicate more specifically what you are replying to. For example the block of text from your post above mine.

Todd
(09-02-2019, 12:36 PM)Dfleymmes1134 Wrote: amazolt, you have some information that some people might paint over/erase/ redact………

Gotcha—not a problem for me; but, thanks for explaining  Wink